Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

How do I view warnings on a data import?

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog How do I view warnings on a data import?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      ekraft84

Hey All,

When I'm importing data from a .CSV file, I'll get a status message saying if the import was successful or not, and then a listing showing how many records were imported, how many weren't, and how many warnings existed. How can I see what these warnings are?

Thanks.

Ritesh

Hello,

SQLyog uses MySQL's standard LOAD DATA LOCAL…. SQL to import data from a CSV file. The warning message is the one returned by MySQL on execution of the statement. For more information about what these messages mean check out http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/LOAD_DATA.html

ekraft84

Right, but how do I actually view the warnings within SQLyog? I see that there are X number of warnings, but I don't know where see what they are exactly.

Thanks.

ekraft84

Anyone else know how to view warnings?

Shadow

From MySQL 4.1.1 on use SHOW WARNINGS statement to retrieve the errors (see MySql manual for details abot SHOW WARNINGS). Before this version, the warning counter is used for indicating that something was not OK, but the warnings are not stored. Hint: warnings happen under same circumstances as if INSERT statement had been issued.

ekraft84

Cool – thanks for the info.

So I import a set number of records in SQLyog and then get the message box popping saying, “x number of warnings”. Do I think enter “show warnings” to see them? Or do I need to include “show warnings” within the query itself?

Thanks.

Shadow

Just issue a “SHOW WARNINGS;” command (press F5), this will do the job. I think SQLyog has a built-in menu for this (I don't have access to SQLyog right now).

ekraft84

I think your crazy. 🙂 I cannot get warnings to show for the life of me.

sadab00

The important part of one of the previous posts was:

MySQL version 4.1 allows you to view warnings.

Prior to that version, the SHOW WARNINGS; statement does not work because the warnings were not actually stored in the previous versions. In 4.1.1 it does work for me.

ekraft84

Yes, I see this.

However, I do an import from a text file, and I get an “Import Successful” message box giving me the number of records successfully imported, the number deleted, and then the number of warnings.

After I click “OK”, then what? The query has been run. How do I show warnings now?

ekraft84

Alright, I now see that you can type “show warnings” to display any warnings that were generated on the previously run query.

Unfortunately, the client does not have mySQL 4.1. 🙁

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.