Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Help with DB's file locations in Server

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Help with DB's file locations in Server

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      moreyt

🙂 HI!! It's my first time to use SQLyog, need urgent help everyone.. pls, i have a remote server running asp and houses mysql db. i installed sqlyog in my local and created my testing db. now, im thinking maybe the reason i cannot connect to my db (using DSNless connection string) is bec, my db is not residing on the webfolder where my asp pages are. so if anyone knows any suggestions, plssss do reply.. i mean how do u know where sqlyog stores the db files in the server, and how do u relocate them?

HEAPS OF THANKS!!!! 🙄

Shadow

First of all, SQLyog has nothing to do with storing MySql db tables. It's up to MySql's configuration.

Secondly, MySql is not a file based db manager like Access, but a server based one. This means that there is a daemon/process listening at a given port (or pipe, but that is very uncommon) which responds to incoming requests.

It would be nice if you copied the connection string here and disclosed some details about your MySql configuration!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.