Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Hangs When Closing

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Hangs When Closing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      peterlaursen
      Participant

I have experienced a few times that SQLyog 5.2 beta2 does not close by itself. Clicking the (x) just makes the program irresponsive but it does not close. I have to kill the process. It does not use more CPU or Memory than what is normal when this occurs.

Such issue is hard to reproduce. I think best way to reproduce is to open the progam, use it a little and keep it open for some time while working with something else. And then try to close it.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I still experience this! Especially when HTTP-tunnelling to remote servers.

Anybody else that does?

jexxer
      peterlaursen wrote on Sep 16 2006, 05:48 AM:
      I still experience this! Especially when HTTP-tunnelling to remote servers.

Anybody else that does?

Yes I agree. I have this problem with all beta builds for 5.2.

It not only happens when you click the x on the window corner, but on closing the connection via the menu: file -> disconnect.

I reported this 2 weeks ago: http://www.webyog.com/forums//index.php?ac…f=14&t=2353

I can confirm that the problem only occurs when using HTTP tunnelling.

Once it occurred when I did a time consuming operation. To me it seemed that the HTTP connection timed out and SQLyog got frozen.

peterlaursen
      Participant

@jexxer

are you sure that you tried beta4?

jexxer
      peterlaursen wrote on Sep 25 2006, 09:58 AM:
      @jexxer

are you sure that you tried beta4?

Absolutely sure.

scottah

I have also been experiencing this. I usually have mutliple connection windows open, and when I am done with one connection, I hit the X to get to the one underneath, but it then locks, and I usually painfully lose some SQL, but such is life with BETA software.

But if there is any way I can help out in determining the problem, please let me know, it doesnt seem to pop up any debug sender or anything, just locks…

I once left it sitting there for around 10 mins, and it actually came back to life…

peterlaursen
      Participant

@Scottah ..

EXACT program version?

scottah
      peterlaursen wrote on Nov 14 2006, 04:30 AM:
      @Scottah ..

EXACT program version?

Pretty much every BETA 2 release (i install it every time a new one comes out), I will def. post here with an exact version next time it occurs.

peterlaursen
      Participant

OK ..

It should not happen with any version equal or higher than beta 8 or 10.

uyuni

It does happen with Beta 10.

It's happening always when closing, also with a localhost connection.

Emilio.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Still please try latest available version (RC1). I might be wrong when trying to remember when that last pice of code was changed in this respect.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Do you mean that this happens for you with direct connection?

uyuni

Is OK now with RC1.

Emilio.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.