Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

GUI problems

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      adrien

Hi All.

I have been using SqlYog for about a year now (with a couple of licenses), and have had ongoing issues with it that I have kept hoping would get fixed, but after trying 3.71 today they are still in there.

They relate to list control header width issues in the “Insert / Update Table” dialog, especially where there are any memo of blob fields.

I have a table, with 3 blob fields in it. When I want to edit the data in this table, I reight click on it, and select “Insert / Update data”. The dialog that comes up is very difficult to use. The width of the memo fields is about 3 screens wide, and doesn't scroll. I found a work-around, which is to use the cursor keys, select a row, and scroll left, right, left, right, left right over and over, until finally it seems to scroll about 10px at a time, and I finally can get to the remaining fields in the records.

For starters there is no reason that a memo field column header needs to be 2000px wide. About 100 would do.

This is a bit of a pain in the neck, so I normally resort to the web-based DBadmin PHP-based editor for editing these records.

I even have another table with lots of fields in it, (no memos), which I have to do this to get to the end records… seems intermittent. I don't always have to get it to scroll this way.

Adrien

PS, tried to upload a BMP showing the problem, but “You cannot upload this type of file” was the response I got. Not very good.

Ritesh

Go to Tools->Preferences… and uncheck the option Truncate Column Headers To Max Data Size.

This will solve your problem.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.