Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Gui Bug In Beta 4

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog BETA Discussions Gui Bug In Beta 4

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      vygi

Hello guys, after using SQLyog for several hours, it has now started to paint out of canvas — look at the screenshot (tried to attach but not sure if it works)

vygi

ooops…. few minutes later it's totally out of control: result set appears in the left top corner of the screen, on the top of everything; dialog windows are mostly empty and form elements just shortly appear when I move the mouse over them; even the Windows task bar becomes often gray. I have to restart SQLyog as long as it did not crash my whole PC.

peterlaursen
      Participant

When you are using the term 'canvas' do you mean that you are using the Query Builder?

From the screenshots I understand that it is not the case, but please confirm!

Undoubtly some memory corruption. Not sure that this is a SQLyo issues. But likely it is. We will have to look detailed into it.

Unless you can say that some other program started when problems appeared.

Can you explain what you are doing? In case you experience this again the HISTORY recordings would be valuable?

SQLyog version, please? First time you try this version? Or is it the same old version as you always used?

vygi

It happened again few minutes ago and I had to restart SQLyog again.

> When you are using the term 'canvas' do you mean that you are using the Query Builder?

> From the screenshots I understand that it is not the case, but please confirm!

no, I don't use query builder.

under “canvas” I just meant SQLyog window.

> Undoubtly some memory corruption. Not sure that this is a SQLyo issues. But likely it is. We will have to look detailed into it.

> Unless you can say that some other program started when problems appeared.

(almost) no other programs in use, just SQLyog. Excel and Opera open too, but I was working only with SQLyog.

> Can you explain what you are doing? In case you experience this again the HISTORY recordings would be valuable?

nothing special, just making JOINed SELECTs, browsing tables, doing some data editing too.

It works fine for a couple of hours, but then gets out of control somehow…

SQLyog version, please? First time you try this version? Or is it the same old version as you always used?

I always try to use the newest; Beta 4 in this case.

vygi

Any news on this topic please???

I have to restart SQLyog because of this bug every second day.

peterlaursen
      Participant

we have 'vacuumized' the program for all sorts of leaks. However I doubt we will be able to release beta5 today. We need to finish some in-depth testing with data sync. We are a little low on manpower due to some persons being sick

vygi
      peterlaursen wrote on May 14 2007, 11:25 AM:
      we have 'vacuumized' the program for all sorts of leaks. However I doubt we will be able to release beta5 today. We need to finish some in-depth testing with data sync. We are a little low on manpower due to some persons being sick

Thanks for the info; no hurry! Take your time (but keep it goin')

Best wishes (and “Get well soon” to somebody…)…

Vygi

vygi

Any news on this please??

Were there any changes in Release Candidate 2 (RC2)?

Few days ago I have installed RC1, and today it again became crazy: look at the screenshot!

It happened right after ALTER TABLE which took maybe 20 minutes.

Vygi

peterlaursen
      Participant

It is unlikely that there is any change between RC1 and RC2 that would make any difference here.

Of course we always 'clean up' in the code when we see something that could need it, but we have not been working explicitly with this after RC1. We have not been aware of any such issue in RC1.

An ALTER TABLE taking 20 minuts to complete. Why that much? Could you post (here or in a ticket) a structure_only dump (and possibly an ALTER TABLE statement) to reproduce with?

I also think I remember that you use HTTP connection?

peterlaursen
      Participant

I was informed that one repainting issue was fixed between RC1 and RC2 (a GDI leak fixed)

If it happens again a screenshot of SQLyog in TASK MANAGER (showing the 'GDI Objects' column) could be useful.

Enable display of GDI Objects from Task Manager menu 'view .. select columns'

Did you ever see a similar thing in a recent 5.x version (if you have been using 5.x recently)?

peterlaursen
      Participant

We have reproduced this now.  

Reason is a GDI leak in 'the basic GRID code'.

Often reproducing is the toughest thing.  So we expect to fix this soon now!

vygi
      peterlaursen wrote on May 30 2007, 11:55 AM:
      An ALTER TABLE taking 20 minuts to complete. Why that much?

ALTER TABLE takes 20 minutes just because the table currently has 105,332,842 rows!! 🙄

Data file is about 1.3 GB and index 2.7 GB (yep that's right: index is much bigger than data).

The structure was very simple, just two columns, one int and another mediumint, plus two indexes.

ALTER TABLE has added 3rd column, a tinyint, with no index.

By the way, our biggest table has over 43 GB of data, and ALTER TABLE would take at least 3 hours 😛

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.