Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

General Mysql Forum

forums forums Monyog Monyog Comments General Mysql Forum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      marcm

It would be nice if you hosted a general MySQL forum for your users to discuss MySQL in general.

I've love to bring up topics about configuring MySQL on the server for speed and efficiency, but I'm not sure where I should start the thread.

peterlaursen
      Participant

We had such Forum some years ago, but removed it. It is no big deal (in terms of server resources) to have such Forum, but we ourselves have no obligation to reply here as we support our own products and not the MySQL server or other products from MySQL/Oracle .  And the experience was that only very rarely other users replied in such posts.

So we thought that removing this Forum was the best option, so that users that had questions about MySQL would not waste time waiting for a reply that never came.  mysql.com has a Forum and there are others where response to general question about MySQL is more likely.

But there will be overlapping situations with the MONyog Forums of course.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.