Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Galera Replication

forums forums Monyog Monyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Galera Replication

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      00aet

Are there any plans to add galera monitoring to monyog?

thanks

peterlaursen
      Participant

We have not scheduled any plans for this currently. Our scheduled tasks reach 3-4 months into the future.

I know basically what Galera is but I never used it myself. Are you sure that you cannot create 'Custom SQl Objects' yourslef for this?

For 'Custom SQl Objects' Please refer:

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2011/12/16/monitor-your-mysql-servers-like-never-before-use-csos/

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2011/12/19/how-to-add-a-simple-custom-object-in-monyog/

If Galera adds status variables and/or populates Information_Schema tables you can create 'Custom SQl Objects'.

00aet

Very nice. Trying to dig thru the notification setup for the various monitors I'm playing with as there are a few things I would like to setup and I'm not making much progress. All of my custom SQL are status variables.

I have a monitor setup for a local state variable and I want to notify if that does not return a value of ON. If it not ON, can I return the value of another status variable? Galera stores a comment variable that describes the state value.

so I have wsrep_ready that should return ON, if it doesn't, I want to notify of that and include a wsrep_local_state_comment variable.

Mahesh

I think you do not have to use CSO (Custom SQL objects) feature, you can do it using MOM variable itself.

You can create your own counter from Monitors page and in value and Alert condition section specify values you want to retrieve from :

Quote:
      show global variables;

show global status;

For example in case of “MySQL logs” –> “General log- Enabled?” counter “value” and “alert condition” shows:

Value

Code:
      function x()
      {
      if(MONyog.MySQL.Custom.Available != 1)
      return “(n/a)”;

if(MONyog.MySQL.GlobalVariables.log == “ON”)
      return “Yes”;
      else
      return “No”;
      }

Alert condition

Code:

function()
      {
      if(this.Value == “Yes”)
      return “Warning”;

return “None”;
      }

Similarly, you can create your own counter and apply any condition on a MOM variable which can be retrieved from show global variables and show global status.

Further, if you need any help we can arrange screen sharing session, let me know your Timezone and convenient time to have it?

For privacy you can create a support ticket by sending an email to '[email protected]'.

Regards,

Mahesh

Mahesh

Does it work for you or need any help?

00aet

I just got back in the office after the mysql conference. I just set it up and the first go at it didn't work as expected, I will look a bit further.

00aet

Got this working now, I was using the Globalvariables instead of Globalstatus. Haven't had any notifications from it but I suppose that's a good thing 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.