Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

from SQL Server to MySQL

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog Comments from SQL Server to MySQL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi,

I'm currently using SQL Server 7 on 2 W2K servers (both running between 50 and 90% CPU on 1.8G machines 24/7.

Due to the high cost of SQL Server 2K, I am considering the move to MySQL (provided that I find a capable front end app)

Some considerations:

– 90 tables total in 11 databases, spread over 2 servers

– several tables with millions of records

– running between 100 to 1000 queries per second, depending on time of day.

– Needs a scheduler for:

* DB Cleanup (through specified queries)

* DB Optimize / Shrink

* DB create ( to run stat reports to )

will mySQL and this front end app hold up to the load?

If yes, then great I'll try it out.

P.S. will be more than happy to pay for a license fee for this , maybe in the form of a support contract, however this would be limited to a few hundred $$ a year, not the $6,000 per license MS is asking for (that's out of my budget)

Many thanks. feel free to email at [email protected] though I will be back here after I try out the front end app.

Ritesh

Hello

Except the secheduler job(s) you can do everything in MySQL. In most of the cases, MySQL will perform better then what you expected 😀

For the schedued job you can write your own app that will run as a service and do your job.

SQLyog has been tested to work under such condition(s) and it has come out with flying colours. Many of our customers have used it in even more heavy situation and didnt have any problem.

Best of all, SQLyog and MySQL are FREE !!! 😀

HTH

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.