Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Formatting Of Views In Query Windows

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Formatting Of Views In Query Windows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Marcwolf

Sometime when one has a very large or complex view it is desirable to be able to format it's source with indents and linebreaks.

However when I save this and recall the View's source I find that my formatting has been removed and it is now one LONG string.

Can you leave the developer formatting in when saving and storing a view. It will be a real help.

Many thanks

Dave

peterlaursen
      Participant

This is an issue with MySQL and not SQLyog.

There are dozens or hundreds of complaints in MySQL Forums and bugs.mysql.com that the MySQL server 'garbles' the formatting of VIEWs.  We can only display what we retrieve from MySQL!

Marcwolf
      peterlaursen wrote on May 30 2007, 09:07 AM:
      This is an issue with MySQL and not SQLyog.

There are dozens or hundreds of complaints in MySQL Forums and bugs.mysql.com that the MySQL server 'garbles' the formatting of VIEWs.  We can only display what we retrieve from MySQL!

Ok.. I can understand that.

However – as SQLog can highlight key words etc – maybe a small feature called Formatter that can grab a very long SQL statement and do a simple formatting of it. Nothing fancy just say break at comma's and before keywords.

Anything would be better than a 600 character 1 liner.

Take Care

Dave

peterlaursen
      Participant

baiscally we think MySQL Ab should fix that soon.

The silly thing is the the original formatting is stored in the .frm file, but MySQL does not use it!

DAE51D

Okay this doesn't seem right. If you can format a SQL statement, why can't you format a VIEW?

I have this one and I paste it into the query editor window, hit F12 and NOTHING happens. 🙁 but it does say there is a formatting error.

It doesn't make sense that you blame mySQL for the lack of VIEW formatting? If this is the case, then you need to make your OWN string parser and formatter.

I'm using SQLYog 8.63 Ultimate. I also wish to point out that this bug was opened in 2007 == 3 years ago. Surely this can/should be fixed by now.

Khushboo

Hi,

Please try formatting views with SQLyog 8.7 Beta as we have currently rewritten the Formatter module. Let us know if you still face any issue.

Refer to:

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2010/10/11/sqlyog-mysql-gui-8-7-beta-1-released/

The Query Formatter is now completely rewritten. In principle all types of SQL statements are now supported and all limitations with the old implementation are lifted.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Regards,

Khushboo

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.