Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Folding Option Switch On/off?

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Folding Option Switch On/off?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      S. Lines

In v 8.7, this option was added to sqlyog:

— The Editor now has a ‘folding option’. Multi-line code and comment blocks between bracket-pairs, BEGIN-END pairs, C-style comment pairs (/* and */), WHILE-END WHILE pairs, LOOP-END LOOP pairs, REPEAT-END REPEAT pairs and CASE-END CASE pairs can now be ‘folded’ in/out (ie: hidden or unhidden).

Is there a way to turn this on and off? I like to put comments in my stored procedures and this 'folding option' makes the sproc hard to read.

see attached

peterlaursen
      Participant

There is no way to turn it off currently.  But why is it 'hard to read' ?

S. Lines

It is hard to read if you use /**/ as a commented out line.

The folding option “sees” the /* as the start of a comment, but doesn't see the */ on the same line. So it blocks out all lines until it “sees” the next */.

For example:

/**/

update tablea set blah = “”;

/**/

It treats this update statement as a commented out line when it really isn't.

'peterlaursen' wrote:

There is no way to turn it off currently.  But why is it 'hard to read' ?

peterlaursen
      Participant

“The folding option “sees” the /* as the start of a comment, but doesn't see the */ on the same line. So it blocks out all lines until it “sees” the next */.” is not reproducible witj the latest internal development build I use.  If you build has this it is a plain bug. What version are you using?

Please *report a bug as a bug* and don't *request a workaround for bugs*.

If i enter this

Code:
      /* */

*/

.. the folding symbols don't appear what means that this “/* */” is seen as 'matching'.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Issue confirmed with this   

Code:
      /**/

*/

(no space in “/**/”).  We are checking the code now. 

vishal.pr

Hi S. Lines,

The issue is fixed now and will be available in the next public release. It was a bug in syntax highlighting and not with the code folding. This happens when you have a comment /**/ with nothing in between /* and */. Thank you for reporting the issue.

Regards,

Vishal P.R

Aparna

Hi,

We have released SQLyog 8.8 Beta1 with this fix.

Please refer to:

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2011/01/04/sqlyog-mysql-gui-8-8-beta-1-released/

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Regards,

Aparna.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.