Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Focus In Connection Dialog

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Focus In Connection Dialog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      larsen
      Participant

Hi,

when I startup SQLyog, the connection dialog opens and the password field has the focus.

For a better workflow, IMHO it would be best to let the “saved connections” dropdown have the focus. One could then press the first letter of the wanted connection and should then be able to press “Enter” to open that connection.

Lars

Khushboo

Hi,

We have maintained the focus on the password field as most of the user do not save their password for the connection.

Quote:
      For a better workflow, IMHO it would be best to let the “saved connections” dropdown have the focus. One could then press the first letter of the wanted connection and should then be able to press “Enter” to open that connection.

We will discuss this and get back to you.

Thank You.

Regards,

Khushboo

larsen
      Participant
      'Khushboo' wrote on '05:

We have maintained the focus on the password field as most of the user do not save their password for the connection.

That must be users with only five servers or with a good memory 😉

But I see the point. So, you could add the possibility to set which control should get the focus via options.

Khushboo

Hi Larsen,

We will shortly be releasing 8.6 RC where in the focus as you requested is removed from the password field and moved to the “Saved Connections” dropdown. But, if “Save password” option is unchecked, then focus will be on password field.

Thank You.

Regards,

Khushboo

larsen
      Participant

Cool, thx!

larsen
      Participant

Hi,

I have another improvement suggestion. At the moment, after selecting an entry from the saved connections dialog, the focus jumps to the connect button. This is unhandy when selecting entries by pressing their first letter.

Imagine having multiple entries that start with the letter “F”. You cannot easily select the second entry as the focus jumps away after having pressed “F” for the first time.

I suggest that the focus remains on the dropdown box. The user is then able to select the second entry by pressing “F” for a second time or by using the cursor keys. The connection can then be opened by simply pressing enter.

Lars

Khushboo

Hi Larsen,

This issue is fixed internally and will be included in our next public release SQLyog 8.7 GA, releasing tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

Khushboo

larsen
      Participant

Hi Khushboo,

I just installed the new version. Using the cursor-keys works fine to select a second entry, but it would even be better, if I could press a key e.g. “F” a second/third/… time to select the next entry starting with “F”.

It would be great to see this in one of the next versions =)

Lars

Khushboo

Hi Lars,

This feature is implemented and will be available in our next public release.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions as they have helped us a lot in making the Connection Dialog more user friendly.

Regards,

Khushboo

Aparna

Hi,

We have released SQLyog 8.8 Beta1 with this fix.

Please refer to:

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2011/01/04/sqlyog-mysql-gui-8-8-beta-1-released/

Thank you for reporting this to us.

Regards,

Aparna.

larsen
      Participant

Thx, works as expected.

IMHO the time where the next typed character starts a new search could be reduced. It seems to be at ~1s

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.