Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Fk Editor Initially Hide Constraint Name From Schema Editor

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Fk Editor Initially Hide Constraint Name From Schema Editor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      br8kwall

in 9.62.

I thought I was going crazy because I couldn't find a way to change the FK constraint names. So I started clicking around and sometime I could find the column, and sometime I couldn't Meaning, the scroll bar that shows these columns was often not available. Then magically it would appear. And, of course, now I can't get it to “hide” the scroll bar. But imagine that sometimes the entire scroll bar would just not be there.

BUT, I would like to propose that at (1) at a minimum this table-view of FK changes opens scrolled all the way to the left, because I usually start by entering my constraint name and having to scroll left first every time is one extra step.

or (2) a more dramatic but preferred change is that each FK be represented as a column, instead of a row. Given the length of these fields, this would be a more efficient use of screen space I think. THEN, tabs would move me down the fields.

Heck, while I'm here I also ask for the ability to set up rules for the auto-naming of FK constraints in the schema editor such as “idx_fk_”& [last 10 chars of referencing field name] & “_” & [last 10 chars of referenced table name] or something like that. I know this might be tough.

sathish

Hello,

We have added this in our issue tracker here: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1774 We will schedule this according to priority.

Regards,

Sathish

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.