Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Firewall's a problem, eh?

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Firewall's a problem, eh?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ram

I have been getting error 2003 while trying to connect to the host using this software. i realised that this was because i was trying to connect from behind a firewall. one of my mates suggested that we could open port 3306 only for my computer and leave the rest of the settings as it is. would that make a difference or is it impossible to connect from behind a firewall??????

Ritesh

You cannot connect to a MySQL server through firewall using SQLyog 🙁

Bogdan Zagan

You may though solve this minor problem as we all do, without making any changes to the firewall.

INSTALL A FIREWALL CLIENT !

Hope this helps,

Bogdan

Bogdan Zagan

Because some of you asked from where can download an ISA Firewall Client Software, here are some links and hints:

download link

or Install tutorial

or search Google for firewall client SOFTWARE FOR MICROSOFT ISA SERVER 2000

Cheers, Bogdan

Ram

Thanx for that. Being in a hurry, I sorta switched to plan B and installed a dial-up connection for using webyog. 😀 it's working just fine this way too.

Bogdan Zagan

I'm glad that it helped you !

There are indeed some software that it supposed to work through a firewall, such Real Player for example. But you will get only problems runing this software this way.

The best and ellegant way is to use this Microsoft Firewall Client

Cheers, Bogdan

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.