Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Field Mapping – Migration Toolkit

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Field Mapping – Migration Toolkit

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      johng

This is a good system – only problem is if you have a database with 100+ tables some of which have 100+ fields it is a massive job to match fields when importing/merging from a data source.

Having tried virtually every piece of software out there I have seen features that I believe should be incorporated to make your system the best available. Your trigger system, scheduling etc are all great.

1. A visual field-mapping (drag and drop) tool (such as DBPut Pro – I mention this program only so you can see what I mean.)

2. If (1) is too hard -what about a drop-down list for target table fields so we don't have to type them in?

3. If you do (2) then make a larger screen for selecting fields – the tiny drop down is hard to use when you are searching for a field amongst hundreds in unordered field lists.

4. Enable field lists to be order (ascending / descending) for easier matching.

5. Provide an XML editor for faster mapping.

(For anyone who has the same problem, a cheap XML Editor will enable you to modify the XML in table form – reply to post if you want some suggestions)

Hope you can help

Ritesh

Have you considered creating the config. XML file manually?

johng
      Ritesh wrote on Jul 31 2006, 07:27 AM:
      Have you considered creating the config. XML file manually?

Yes, what I now do is start the process in SqlYog to create the base XML file then I edit the XML. It's OK as a workaround for now.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.