Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Requests

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Requests

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi,

I just upgraded to 3.0. Compaired to the last stable version, 3.0 is a major accomplishment. Hats off! Here are a few suggestions that I think woudl make SQLyog more useable/functional:

• When executing a query, particularily long ones, a status bar indicating the progress of the query (or some sort of indication that it is working) would make it much clearer that the program hasn't fozen.
      • Swap Object Refresh from F9 to F5 (F5 is assumed as the refresh key for many)
      • Insert/Update Date screen does not allow you to edit custom queries, but only the full query result set for a particular table. For example, if I wanted to edit filtered down subset of a table, as opposed to the entire shebang.
      • The default database selected in the toolbar dropdown should change according to the database selected from the left hand DB listing.
      • When doing a batch import using the import tool, if the import script contains a 'use database' it overrides the selected db that the user presumes s/he is importing into. A notice, or ability to override the script woudl be helpful ( I accidently overwrote tables in a database because of this !)
      • The mouse scroller doesn't work(the scrollbar just 'jitters') if the scroller is moved one click (wich my mouse anyway)

I'm sure I'll have other suggestions as I become more aquainted with the program. Otherwise, great stuff!

Michael

Ritesh
      Quote:
      Insert/Update Date screen does not allow you to edit custom queries, but only the full query result set for a particular table. For example, if I wanted to edit filtered down subset of a table, as opposed to the entire shebang.

This is possible in SQLyog 3.0. To do this just execute the query by pressing F8 instead of F5 or Shift+F5. You can find this option in the Execute Query(s) dropdown in the toolbar.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.