Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Requests For Sqlyog Enterprise

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Requests For Sqlyog Enterprise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      dwhalenenr
      Participant

Hi There.

I've been a fan of SQLYog for a very long time, and I'm proud to be a licensed user.

I've waited until now to request some features. I don't know if this is the best place to list them, so if someone has a suggestion for me I'll re-post in the proper place.

I come from a MS-SQL/SQL Query Analyzer background, and so my requests are based on how that tool works.

1) Hide the “Results” pane. I'd love to be able to close the tabbed pane under the Query pane so I can get a full-height area to write my queries in. In fact, some of those tabs are just useless to me anyway (Info, History) so I'd love to be able to shut them off permanently.

2) Allow more key-mappings. I am accustomed to hitting Ctrl-E to execute a query. I'd love to be able to tell SQLYog to use that instead of F9/F5. I am also accustomed to using Ctrl-Tab to switch between open tabs (instead of Ctrl-PgUp/Ctrl-PgDown). Again, being able to map the keys I want to those functions would be very useful.

3) Scripting Options. When I Edit a view or a stored proc, I keep getting unwanted declarations in the script. For example the “DEFINER” declaration in CREATE PROCEDURE, or the ALGORITHM declaration in CREATE VIEW. I'd like to be able to tell the editor “don't script those things” when editing, so that I can save the scripts and re-run them on a seperate box without a headache.

Whew! I think that's it for now. Again, I love SQLYog and I hope you'll keep up the good work!

David Whalen

peterlaursen
      Participant

1)

Hide the “Results” pane is there .  'edit' menu or Ctrl+2

2)

User configurable keyboard shortcuts is a very old request.  It has always been 'next to second' in priority and still is.

3)

It is the server that inserts the values for “DEFINER”  if not explicitly defined by user.  Simply try (from any client): 

Code:
      CREATE PROCEDURE `test`.`pr1`() SELECT 1;
      SHOW CREATE PROCEDURE `test`.`pr1`;

.. what returns (note: DEFINER added and formatting changed): 

Code:
      CREATE DEFINER=`root`@`localhost` PROCEDURE `pr1`()
      SELECT 1

When you are working from the editor SQLyog only sends to MySQL what you have typed.   The server requires a DEFINER and will add current user as DEFINER in the CREATE statement if none was specified.

If I did not understand one or more points please detail.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.