Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Requests: File Explorer

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Requests: File Explorer

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      christophe

It would be great if you can add a simple file explorer in Sqlyog.

When working like me with a lot of sql files, it’s not really convenient to have to go to the “File” menu to select “open…” and then select a file in the dialogbox for each file I need to work on.

The Favorites menu doesn’t realy help here and cannot replace efficiently a file explorer.

Thanks in advance.

Sibin A S

Hello christophe,

You can use the option >> File -> Open or use the shortcut Ctrl+O to select the required files from respective location using the file explorer.

Regards,

Sibin

christophe

Thanks sibin, If you can try to open 10 files located in different directories before starting to work, this will probably show you what I mean by not really convenient.

If you don’t want or cannot add a file explorer, maybe you can allow to select and open more than one file in the current file explorer dialog.

However, I do believe that a file explorer within the workspace could be very useful when you have to manage a lot of sql files.

peterlaursen
      Participant

the current file explorer dialog” is a standard Windows API control.

christophe

So if I understand well the purpose of this forum, the game is to dissuade everybody from asking for a change.

I’m a customer for a while and I just wanted to help in improving SqlYog.

Sorry, it seems that it was a big mistake.

I’m very disappointed by this type of attitude.

Have a look at DbForge, it already has those functionnalities ….

Thanks again.

Sibin A S
      Hello christophe,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We will consider your views that will help us make SQLyog better. We have added your request into our issue tracker >> https://github.com/webyog/sqlyog-community/issues/1180.

A work around is, you can save a session restore point manually and always open the files that you may require to pen every time.

Regards,

Sibin

Kartik Grover
      Spectator

Hi Christophe,

We have added the feature you requested. Now you can open multiple files from File browser in SQLyog. Please refer to the blog post for more details..>> 

http://blog.webyog.com/2016/02/09/sqlyog-mysql-gui-12-19-released/

-Kartik

christophe

Thanks a lot, that is very nice.

Regards

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.