Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Request – View Database Sync Sql

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Request – View Database Sync Sql

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ian

It would be really nice if I could view the sql generated to synchonize 2 databases rather than having sqlyog execute it immediately. No-one wants their data to be lost, and this tool, while useful, has the capability to do that. I suspect many of your customers would be wary of a tool that can change their data without any checking or knowledge of what exactly is being changed. It would be nice to get a list of proposed changes that would be necessary to synchronize two databases, excatly like we can do in the Structure Synchronization tool.

Thanks

Ian

peterlaursen
      Participant

I think the problem is that the is no 'total SQL file' for a DATA sync job. When the tool starts at one end it does not 'know' what comes after. To implement your request we would need to enable a 'simulation mode', where it does not execute commands, but writes to a file instead.

I don't know how useful it is. It is individual INSERTS, UPDATES and DELETES for each row where an operation needs to be performed. It may be thousands of individual statements. And I do not know either how (human) readable it will be. It is the WHERE clause that is the problem. Probably Ritesh can be more specific.

Do you think that you can use that information? I'd rather say it is better to backup data before sync'ing. You can run a backup and a sync as a single batch job.

But let us hear Ritesh …

Ritesh

I am not sure how logging of queries that will bring changes to the DB would be helpful but we did have lot of request for the same.

Basically, instead of executing the INSERT/UPDATE statement, we log it into the file. This is not very hard to implement and we do plan to implement this feature soon.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.