Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Request: Switching Tabs

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Request: Switching Tabs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      larsen
      Participant

Hello,

is there any key combo to switch between open tabs? I know Ctrl-Tab works for open windows.

It would be nice to have Ctrl-PgUp/PgDown to swtich tabs.

Regards,

Lars

Ritesh

Thats a nice idea.

You can switch between TAB in Firefox by pressing CTRL+TAB and CTRL+SHIFT+TAB.

I have added this in our TO-DO list. It is not very difficult to implement and will make SQLyog even more keyboard friendly.

larsen
      Participant

thx.

I´m not sure if I understand you right: Should Ctrl+Tab be used for switching between connections or between Tabs (as you mentioned firefox)?

Connections are higher in the hierarchy and tabs beneath them. Ctrl+Tab is normally used to switch between MDI child windows, so I guess this refers rather to connections than to tabs (as it is used now).

Ritesh

I was just saying the shortcuts used in FireFox.

I have no intention of changing the MDI switch keys as they are Windows standard. We need to think of a more common alternative shortcut key to switch between tabs.

larsen
      Participant

Ctrl+PgUp is e.g. used in Eclipse to switch between tabs.

mezise

SQLyog Enterprise v7.1 Beta2 has shortcuts to switch between tabs: Ctrl+PgDn, Ctrl+PgUp.

I prefer Ctrl+Tab and Ctrl+Shift+Tab for this action. Using Autohotkey I have changed tabs and connections switching shortcuts.

Autohotkey code for this is available here.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.