Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Request: Suppress Error When No Privileges For Explain

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Request: Suppress Error When No Privileges For Explain

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

When I am working in the production database, I typically use a read-only userid, so that I don’t accidentally update the wrong database, thinking I’m in development instead.

Using this ID, when I issue a query that uses a view, I get this error message:

Error Number: 1345

EXPLAIN/SHOW can not be issued; lacking privileges for underlying table

Which shows up in a pop-up dialog. When I close the dialog, the results of my query are available. This happens every time and is quite a nuisance.

Can you please show that particular error somewhere else (e.g. the Messages Pane)?

Sibin A S

Hello Mitch,

The error you get is because just having the SELECT privilege on the view/tables should not be enough to view the data. Please grant the ’SHOW VIEW’ privilege on the view inorder to view the data from the View which would rule out the error you get.

Regards,

Sibin

Mitch
      Participant

Thank you for that information.

I think the original request is still valid.  Since that error message does not affect the execution of the query, but only the EXPLAIN, SQLyog should treat it as a warning message, perhaps in the EXPLAIN output window, rather than a pop-up error message.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.