Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Request: Strg+Tab For Switching

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Request: Strg+Tab For Switching

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      bitseeker
      Participant

Hi,

i do have a little feature request:

Is it possible to additionaly set Strg+Tab/Strg+Shift+Tab for switching through query-tabs (same as Strg+PgUp/Strg+PgDn right now)?

I noticed this keyboard shortcut doesn't seem to be used, but is widely used in other tab-using programms (php-editor, firefox, etc).

thx

ashwin

Hi,

We cannot use Strg+Tab/Strg+Shift+Tab shortcut for switching between query tabs because we are already using that shortcut for switching between connection tabs.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashwin A

peterlaursen
      Participant

As Ashwin told we actually do use Strg+Tab/Strg+Shift+Tab for switching between tabs. However SQLyog has 2 levels of tabs where 'connection tabs' is uppermost level and query tabs is lower level.So we use Strg+Tab/Strg+Shift+Tab (the de facto standard for navigating tabs) on the uppermost level.

However after discussing we realize that using PgUp/PgDown may be inconvenient with some keyboard designs – and in particular on laptops. I have added this here: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/list?thanks=1606

Now as we will need options to navigate BOTH the ;uppermost level (connections) AND the lower level (quires) what could you suggest to replace use of PgUp/PgDown keys (that may not be available if 'numlock' is enabled)?

bitseeker
      Participant
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

Now as we will need options to navigate BOTH the ;uppermost level (connections) AND the lower level (quires) what could you suggest to replace use of PgUp/PgDown keys (that may not be available if 'numlock' is enabled)?

Why don't just switch Strg+Tab/Strg+Shift+Tab to the query tabs?

In fact when having multiple connections open (using 'connection tabs') you can select them right now with Strg+[Number] – so there should be no problem with laptop 'numlock'.

peterlaursen
      Participant

hmmm .. we have always been reluctant to change shortcuts in order not to break users' routines. Actually I think we only did once (when switching F5 and F9 years back).

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.