Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Request: Session Restore – Restore Selected/active Database

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Request: Session Restore – Restore Selected/active Database

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

The session restore feature is wonderful!

Please have the session restore feature also restore the currently selected/active database, both in the drop down at the top and the objects tree on the left.

sathish

Hello,

We have added your request in our issue tracker here: https://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=2043

Regards,

Sathish

Hotkey

I also like the new feature, but i also experience problems with this feature. Lastly the restore process took about 5 minutes (restoring 8 connections via SSH tunnel). After i then tried to disconnect the sessions to speed up further launches SQLYog crashes. Then i tried to disable the Restore Option after which SQLYog crashes again (no response, had to kill via Taskmanager).

I ended up deleting the corresponding ini-file.

sathish

Hello,

Lastly the restore process took about 5 minutes (restoring 8 connections via SSH tunnel). 

We are unable to  reproduce this. It would be helpful if you could tell us:

How many Query tabs were open in each connection?

Did you have any queries in the each connection?

After i then tried to disconnect the sessions to speed up further launches SQLYog crashes. 

As regards “crash dumps” look in the folder

Windows 7: 

C:Users{user}AppDataRoamingSQLyog

for files named like “SQLyog_Dump_xyz.dmp” (xyz is a number). Only files larger than 0 bytes are interesting and if there are more please try to identify the correct one(s) from the time it was saved. Please attach those crash dumps here.

Then i tried to disable the Restore Option after which SQLYog crashes again (no response, had to kill via Taskmanager).

Does this happen only when you try to disable session restore from preferences or when you perform any other actions in preferences tab?

Also could you please restart your computer once and check if this is reproducible?

Regards,

Sathish

kjordan2001

Any idea of a timeframe for this feature?  If you have a number of connections open, it’s annoying to have to reselect the last database you were on every time you start up SQLyog.

sathish

Could you Please tell us the SQLyog version that you are using?(Help->About)?

We have releases this feature in V11.52. Please refer: http://blog.webyog.com/2014/07/18/sqlyog-mysql-gui-11-52-released/

session restore’ will now also restore the current default database for every connection to what is was when the program was closed.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.