Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

(Feature Request) Send Notifications Over Monyog_Notification.sh

forums forums Monyog Monyog: Bugs / Feature Requests (Feature Request) Send Notifications Over Monyog_Notification.sh

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

It would be nice to have an empty monyog_notification.sh in MONyog directory (or monyog_notification.bat on windows).

This file will be executed in event of a notification with some additional arguments (for example /monyog/monyog_notification.sh “servername” “too many connections”). This would make it very easy too add additional ways of sending notifications (SMS, Jabber etc.)

Best regards, Marcel

Hey Marcel,

Yes, supporting SMS/Jabber etc is actually a good idea. Let me add that to our wish-list for MONyog. Although you'll definitely see such a feature in MONyog in the future I can't give you an exact time now…

Thanks for your interest in MONyog!

You know, from your suggestion, another idea just came to me: Would a feature which allows you to configure MONyog to fire an external script when a particular event occurs be helpful/practical from a user's perspective?

'Sayan wrote on '18:
      Would a feature which allows you to configure MONyog to fire an external script when a particular event occurs be helpful/practical from a user's perspective?

Yes – this is exactly what i tried to explain 😀 I think this is easy to implement, and nobody will have to ask for additional notification protocols any more. Just create a script file, give MONyog the path, parse the arguments (should be “servername”, “event” and maybe “value”) and do with it whatever you want.

Awesome, so we're on the same page! Discussed this with management few minutes back, so you can expect this feature post 4.0 GA (currently 4.0 is in beta). All of us have our plates full till 4.0 GA is out!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.