Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature request: non-modal dialog for Copy database

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature request: non-modal dialog for Copy database

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

Would it be possible to change the Copy Database dialog to non-modal?

Use case: I frequently will use the Copy Database function from production to my development system to test a bug fix, etc. Often I need to do the copy-test-fix cycle several times, which sometimes involves usage of SQLyog to check some results. If the dialog was non-modal, I could keep it around and easily repeat the same database copy, saving myself the tedium and error prone of setting it up again.

peterlaursen
      Participant

We will discuss this. Personally, I think this request makes sense. Basically for the reason that the COPY may take considerable amounts of time with large tables and then the user need to take a coffee-break for as long!

I remember that the CREATE/ALTER TABLE was a modal dialog in old versions (more than ~8 years old, as far as I remember). To avoid the modality we implemented it in a TAB instead. This may be a solution here as well. I will ask developers to check if this is feasible.

Ilya Savinkov
      Participant

I’m voting for this feature as well!

When I have to import some large DB I can’t use SQLyog during the import process because it blocks entire program. It would be very convenient if it was possible to minimize import modal and keep using the program.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.