Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature request: non-modal dialog for Copy database

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature request: non-modal dialog for Copy database

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Ilya Savinkov 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author

Mitch
    Participant

Would it be possible to change the Copy Database dialog to non-modal?

Use case: I frequently will use the Copy Database function from production to my development system to test a bug fix, etc. Often I need to do the copy-test-fix cycle several times, which sometimes involves usage of SQLyog to check some results. If the dialog was non-modal, I could keep it around and easily repeat the same database copy, saving myself the tedium and error prone of setting it up again.

peterlaursen
    Participant

We will discuss this. Personally, I think this request makes sense. Basically for the reason that the COPY may take considerable amounts of time with large tables and then the user need to take a coffee-break for as long!

I remember that the CREATE/ALTER TABLE was a modal dialog in old versions (more than ~8 years old, as far as I remember). To avoid the modality we implemented it in a TAB instead. This may be a solution here as well. I will ask developers to check if this is feasible.

Ilya Savinkov
    Participant

I’m voting for this feature as well!

When I have to import some large DB I can’t use SQLyog during the import process because it blocks entire program. It would be very convenient if it was possible to minimize import modal and keep using the program.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.