Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Request: Multiple Sqlyog.ini Files

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Request: Multiple Sqlyog.ini Files

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      DAE51D

I use SQLYog at work and also at home. I also work from home sometimes. What I'd like to do is copy my sqlyog.ini file from work into my “C:Documents and SettingsdaevidApplication DataSQLyog” directory as say “sqlyog_work.ini” and then create two different shortcuts to launch SQLYog on my desktop/menu/etc. something like this:

Code:
      “C:CodingmySQLSQLyogSQLyog.exe C:Documents and SettingsdaevidApplication DataSQLyogsqlyog.ini”

Code:
      “C:CodingmySQLSQLyogSQLyog.exe C:Documents and SettingsdaevidApplication DataSQLyogsqlyog_work.ini”

Therefore it is easy for me to keep my home computer/notebook up to date with what I'm doing at work and when I have to work from home via VPN or whatever, I don't have to spend an hour copying out the [Connection XX] blocks from the .ini and manually renumbering them.

Related, it would be great if SQLYog was smart enough to NOT need the XX portion of the [Connection XX] block, so then I could simply copy and paste (append) into the single sqlyog.ini file the work configurations (replacing the existing ones or using a DIFF tool that will visually let me see what's different).

I don't see the point of the XX part anyways, since SQLYog appears to just alphabetize the select box anyways, not respect the order of the XX values.

I'm using SQLYog Ultimate 8.4

peterlaursen
      Participant

You can start SQLyog with a 'dir' switch (edit 'properties' of the desktop/start menu icon from the context menu).

Refer:

http://www.webyog.com/blog/2009/08/14/sqlyog-813-has-been-released/

DAE51D
      'peterlaursen' wrote on '09:

You can start SQLyog with a 'dir' switch (edit 'properties' of the desktop/start menu icon from the context menu).

Refer: http://www.webyog.com/blog/2009/08/14/sqlyog-813-has-been-released/

Interesting. I did not know that. However this means I have to have a separate directory setup. I supposed that is a short term solution. But the “sqlyog.ini” file contains all the directory paths and such, so I'd have to have a directory JUST to have a file named “sqlyog.ini” in it. Since you already have this “logic” why not put a 'config' or 'ini' switch like you have 'dir' and that switch takes on the path and filename of an alternate .ini file.

This might seem nit-picky, but I think it makes more sense to have an .ini file that sets up the directories and such than it is to have a directory parameter which is then redundantly using the .ini within the directory to setup the directory. Does that make sense?

peterlaursen
      Participant

It is not possible to read from the .ini where the program shall find the .ini.  That is how I understand you.  Would you put the code to your bank box into the bank box itself?  It has to be a command switch.

Correct me if I misunderstand you.

DAE51D
      'peterlaursen' wrote on '17:

It is not possible to read from the .ini where the program shall find the .ini.  That is how I understand you.  Would you put the code to your bank box into the bank box itself?  It has to be a command switch.

Correct me if I misunderstand you.

Please see the top post. This is pretty straight forward. You would pass the .ini file as a parameter on the command line just as you do any other parameter. This would then let you have many .ini files in the same default SQLYog directory as when installed.

The “hack” solution suggested by you guys is to use a NEW DIRECTORY. This is overkill. I just want a new .ini file as that has ALL the useful information in it for connections.

Khushboo

Hi,

Currently this is not possible with SQLyog. All connection details, preferences settings etc. are stored in the configuration file. It is not appropriate that a program has an option to start with more than one configuration file.

For your case, you can create two users in your computer, and the two users will have different SQLyog.ini files in their application data folders.

Thank You.

Regards,

Khushboo

moijisi
      Quote:
      If a sqlyog.ini files exists in installation folder it should be copied to ‘AppData’ folder. This is required for upgrading from versions before 6.06.

Do it is possible to add a option to start sqlyog with sqlyog.ini in installation folder or with multiple sqlyog.ini files?

Quote:

“-dir” switch does not work anymore.

peterlaursen
      Participant

@moijisi: what version are you using?

moijisi
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

@moijisi: what version are you using?

sathish

Hi,

The -dir option is working fine for us. Are you trying to execute the command syntax from command line or are you trying from the program shortcut? Could you please provide us the screen shots of what exactly you are trying to do?

Regards,

Sathish

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.