Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Request: Multi Cell Copy/paste In Data Grid

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Request: Multi Cell Copy/paste In Data Grid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

In a table or query results grid, you can copy the value of a single cell in the table and paste into another.  This is handy for quick data entry.

I’d like to be able to copy multiple contiguous cells and paste them.

Sibin A S

Hello Mitch,

You can use the “Text View” mode(or use the shortcut “Ctrl+L”) in the result/table data tab to select the required data. But SQLyog is a database client and not a spreadsheet. You can do select the required data from Excel as well. 

vojint

Hi sibin,

I use SQLyog and DbVisualizer both for 5 years or more and there is copy/paste, excel style, feature in DbVisualizer that is very handy in data manipulation. I think that feature is essential for QA work and cratering data fast and efficiently. As you have copy selected rows (csv format) there should be paste data, multiple rows possibility. You can see how well this feature works in DbVisualizer. In the other hand SQLyog has excellent copy tables to other server feature that DbVisualizer do not have. That is my destiny, I have to use it both tools.

Regards,

Vojin 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.