Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Request: Intelligent Defaults For Database Copy Dialog

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Request: Intelligent Defaults For Database Copy Dialog

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

In the copy database dialog, it would be very useful if some intelligent defaults were selected – this might be controlled by a user option.

For me, 99% of the time,  I copy from database A on connection X to database A on connection Y, yet every time I have to select the target database.  I’d like it to automatically select the same target database name as the source, if it exists in the target server. 

Would also be nice if the target connection/server was guessed based on the source server.  For example, most of the time when copying from connection X I copy to connection Y and vice verse. 

I use this dialog frequently, so these would be a big time saver for me.

peterlaursen
      Participant

The problem is that, what is smart for one user, may not be for another, but could be an annoyance instead. And what if you have not 2, but 5, connections open? What should the logic be?

I personally think we will have to point thumbs down on this.

Mitch
      Participant

Peter,

I understand your perspective.  I certainly don’t expect that everyone works the way that I do, but I’m equally certain that I’m not the only one who would benefit from such a change. A user option that enabled the behavior I described would allow people like me to be more productive while not negatively impacting the others.

As far as having many connections open, I always have at least 4 connections open, sometimes more.  The changes I described would work well for me.

I agree with Peter, and want a like to like databse name copy (perhaps as an option to be set, so existing users do not see the change, until they choose it)

This is a BIG THUMBS UP, please implement it ASAP

Mitch
      Participant

I also (still) think this is a good idea.  I really like SQLyog and use it frequently.  This little issue is my single biggest annoyance when using it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.