Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

[feature Request] Connection Specific Colors

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests [feature Request] Connection Specific Colors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Kook

Hi, Newly purchased SQLyog user here. Great product. My only minor nit at this point…

I'd like to see connection specific background colors in the query editor pane. At any one time I find that I have three connections open. One to my production DB, one to the QA and one to my local development. They all look the same and I get easily confused as to which one I'm in.

How about letting me define a background color for each of those connections? I'd make prod a light red, QA maybe a yellow and development a green. That way, at a glance, I can easily have some warning before I do something stupid.

Thanks!

iwarner_uk

As an addition to this I would like to see all the connections TABBED, this is a common feature of most software these days when dealing with multiples of the same instance, I am suprosed this was not coded in from the start with SQLyog.

With the tabs we should be able to right click and then set the colours or within the connection tab set a default colour for each connection.

In the connection element I would also like to specify that i want to be warned or limit my ability to do deletes or something of that nature.

Definately more work needed on the GUI in this aspect.

peterlaursen
      Participant

the requst for a TABBED interface is not new.

Even I suggested this about ½ year ago.

We will absolutely look into this once we get passed the UNICODE release.

We give priorites to FEATURES for the rest of this year.

iwarner_uk

I suggested the tabs again as when I searched it seemed that they were already getting implemented:

#1) Tabbed SQL Windows with corresponding resultsets

This feature is in the TO-DO list of v4.2 and work on it has already started biggrin.gif

Did they get sidelined in the development?

When will the Unicode be released – I was just going to add this to my features list as I work with a lot of Asian companies and its a must for me.

peterlaursen
      Participant

“#1) Tabbed SQL Windows with corresponding resultsets”

You DO have TABBED SQL-windows but not TABBED connection-windows.

(implemented in 5.0 – 4.2 was never released)

You can have more Query TABS in the same connection.

Doug Hubbard

Now that 6 is out will this get moved up in the list of features?

I would really love to see this added to the product.

Doug Hubbard

Just to clarify, I would REALLY REALLY like to see tabbed connection windows (with user preferences able to change the background colors of each).

This would make things so much simpler when working with multiple connections (which I do all the time).

peterlaursen
      Participant

I will reply the same as I did recently (today or yesterday):

We have planned:

version 6.1 with Visual Schema Designer

version 6.2 with FORMS (display mode optimized for data input from the keyboard)

(and a lot of minor issue will be adressed as well in those releases).

My best guess is that this will take about 3 months to complete.

We have not deicided priorities after that.

Personally I would advocate

*support for events and table partitions

*solving issues with binary types (non-image BLOBs, BIT etc)

*and maybe even localisations

.. before revamping the GUI

This FAQ gives the list of major issues that we plan to adress (without priorities):

http://webyog.com/faq/content/33/20/en/pla…-of-sqlyog.html

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.