Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Request: Add Automatic Updater

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Request: Add Automatic Updater

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jprateragg
      Participant

Currently, whenever an update is available, a little dialog box opens and gives you a button/link to download the latest version. It would be nice if your product had an updater built-in to it so it would just download the latest version for me and install it, without me having to go to the website, log in, download, and install the latest release. Thanks!

peterlaursen
      Participant

We have replied to this many times already.

SQLyog is a commercial program, and we only allow user to update for free after validation of his purchase history (and thus his legal rights to do so). This validation is implemeted in our Custoemer Portal.  I don’t see how it can be done in SQLog itself. 

jprateragg
      Participant

We use a number of commercial programs that have built-in automatic updaters. The two that I can think of off the top of my head are PhpStorm and DisplayFusion. Couldn’t you just send the encrypted license key to your customer portal, and if the key/license is still valid, just allow SQLyog to download the latest version?

peterlaursen
      Participant

Couldn’t you just send the encrypted license key to your customer portal”. No this isnot possble.  A user is identifed by the email address registered with the license.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.