Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Feature Req: Sql Template

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Feature Req: Sql Template

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      iliask

I am missing a quite useful feature from 4.0: Every time you pressed the enter button on a table in the tree it was pasting a quick SQL SELECT on the editor like:

SELECT * FROM tbl LIMIT 0,1000. I found it quite handy as a quick template for more complex querying, is it possible to bring it back?

Ritesh

We will reimplement it in v4.2 BETA 3. v4.2 BETA 3 is couple of days away 🙂

iliask

Tested 4.2B5 but all i could get was the database name every time i pressed enter on one of the tables, which is not much usefull. The SELECT * FROM table LIMIT 0,maxRows would be far better. A “Paste quick SELECT in editor on double click” on the preferences menu would allow people to swich it off.

peterlaursen
      Participant

See attached!

This is what I get when pressing after highlighting a table in Object Browser.

This SQL

Code:
      select * from `test2`.`table1` limit 0, 50

is executed to get this display. You can copy it from the HISTORY tab.

But you request that this SQL-statement is pasted into the SQL-pane ?

iliask

Exactly. That was the default behaviour of version 4.1 and was proven to be quite handy. For the time being i have to locate the last entry on the history pane and then manually copy-paste it to the sql pane. Most of the times you have to manually edit the where clause of the sql to get a different output on the Table Data pane and having the sql ready helps a lot.

Ritesh

Select the table in the Object Browser, choose Table -> Paste SQL Statements -> Select col1, col2

It does exactly what you want.

We will be providing a shortcut for the same in the next BETA.

iliask

Sorry hadn't notice that menu. A shortcut would be great… 😀

iliask

How about pasting the SELECT statement after the user has double-clicked on the table? That would be more usefull compared to just placing the table name…

peterlaursen
      Participant

I disagree on your last post.

You might have some weird or long names. And if your are working in an international environment the characters used for the names may even not be available from your keyboard!

I don't how to input a czech hacek (sorry for the missing accent!), but with this new click-facility I can word with a databases created with national characters from all over the world.

iliask

You mean that by accidentaly double clicking on a table with international characters you might get unreadable symbols on your editor?I guess then that a ALT+ shortcut would do fine…

peterlaursen
      Participant

I'd like to se you type

Code:
      select * from æøå;

on your keyboard – it is easy on mine! 😀

But now you can too! Just doubbleclick the øæå -table

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.