Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Extra Whitespace In Csv Export

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Extra Whitespace In Csv Export

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Tony H.

Hi All

I'm running into a bit of an issue with version 6.x of SQLyog that was not present in version 5.x. I believe it's the same issue that was reported in the following post, but I'll try to provide a few extra details:

http://www.webyog.com/forums//index.php?sh…6&hl=export

Basically what I'm looking to do is to export a simple table to CSV format but with Fixed Length fields. I'll attach a picture of the settings used for the export. The table in question just has a handful of 'varchar' datatypes ranging in length from 3 to 72 characters (see SQL dump in the .zip file).

In version 5.32 when I export this I get exactly what I expect; data is left justified with spaces to pad out to the selected length of the varchar. However in version 6.07 I get semi-random extra spaces in between all the fields. Please see the attached .txt files in the second zip file for examples of the output.

Unfortunately a customer requires this very specific format, so switching to a more usable method of transferring data isn't an option 🙁

Thanks!

peterlaursen
      Participant

bug confirmed! (latest interanl 5.1 build, MySQL 5.0.45)

very easy to see if you disable 'word wrap' in the editor where you view it!

and BTW: compliments for an excellent bug report!

Mahesh

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.

We have fixed the issue for you and you can download the not release version from the following link:

http://www.webyog.com/downloads/betas/not_…QLyog607Ent.exe

Try this and let us know the details.

Thanks

Mahesh

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.