Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Export/Import

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Export/Import

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      bass

Hello,

I'm using Mysql Front, a great and stable tool for MySQL admins, but this project has been discontinued.

So I'm searching for a valid other freeware admin tool and I found SQLyog.

Now I'm testing it and it seems to be similar to Mysql Front with other powerful features.

But it still doesn't have many cool features that MySQL Front has.

So SQLyog don't support the “Export to another Database” and “Export to another Host/DB” option.

Then I notice that the SQLEditor doesn't have the save/load to file functions. It's only

possibile to execute an existing batch Script file.

After a big data import test with executing a batch script file I notice that it

takes a few minutes. The same operation with Mysql Front takes 30 sec!

…I hope this helps to make SQLyog a more powerful tool….

Bye

Bass

Ritesh
      Quote:
      So SQLyog don't support the “Export to another Database” and “Export to another Host/DB” option.

SQLyog does have the option. Select the database and choose Copy Database… option from the Popup menu. It allows you to copy the database into another host/db.

Quote:
      Then I notice that the SQLEditor doesn't have the save/load to file functions. It's only

You can do that. Choose File->Open… and File->Save… option.

Quote:
      After a big data import test with executing a batch script file I notice that it

Can you tell us your config and the file size? Under all our test condition, SQLyog has been found to execute query in Batch File faster then other Front ends.

Hope it helps.

bass

My .sql file is a dump file of a database with over hundered of MyISAM

tables.

It's size is 1.991 KB and it has approximatly 13000 SQL statements.

I loaded the file in the SQL-Editor of both programs and started

the script.

With the Mysql-Front program it took 2min 30sec

with SQLyog the executing process not stoped over 9min…

maybe ther is a bug??

Ritesh

The fastest way to execute a batch script in SQLyog is to use Tools->Execute Batch File… option ( Ctrl+Shift+Q ) and just provide the name of the SQL file.

Using this method you dont have to “open” the file in the editor window before executing it. This option has been optimized for VERY large batch scripts. It will also tell you the time take to execute the entire file. Pls. try it out and let us know your feedback.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.