Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Export Table Data As Xml – Encoding Issues

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Export Table Data As Xml – Encoding Issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Alan Blake

I have a database with almost 1000 records in it. These records contain French and special characters. When I do an export it appears to use the default UTF-8 and there is no option to change it so the export content appears like this:

« 200-27X » Paper Jam

I am using the Community Edition – are there better export options available in other versions that would allow me to keep the encodings?

Thanks.

Alan

ashwin

Hi,

I added your request to our Issue Tracker : http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=1501

peterlaursen
      Participant

Can you please detail this ” … so the export content appears like this: « 200-27X » Paper Jam”.  

WHERE does it? If you open in Notepad? Or when you use it with your own application?

peterlaursen
      Participant

OK .. if you open in Notepad it displays correctly (tested with Danish characters 'æøåÆØÅ'.  Workaround is to open and save again as ANSI from Notepad or another text editor. That will recode the file.

I have to say that I doubt we will ever change/add this with the interactive XML-export.  Non-unicode encodings are 'leaving the scene'.  More than 50% of the web is now UTF8 and increasing.

[attachment=1439:xml.jpg]

[attachment=1440:code.jpg]

But we have this report too: http://code.google.com/p/sqlyog/issues/detail?id=716

Let us see what options 'mysqldump xml' and 'load data xml infile' have in MySQL 5.5.x

Finally you should notice that 'scheduled backup' (in ENTERPRISE and ULTIMATE editions) have this option (but for SQL dumps only currently).  In 'scheduled backup' we could/should add an XML option.

Alan Blake
      'peterlaursen' wrote on '28:

Can you please detail this ” … so the export content appears like this: « 200-27X » Paper Jam”.  

WHERE does it? If you open in Notepad? Or when you use it with your own application?

Thanks for all the replies. This is how it appears in Notepad++ (with Encoding of ANSI). The French characters appear correct but the Title special characters appear incorrectly.

890« 200-27X » Paper JamError '200-27X' Paper Jam<br /><br />Cause: Papier de mauvaise qualité, toner qui a coulé, bris mécanique, etc.HARDWARE, HARDWARE / STORE / PRINTER / ..SELECT PRODUCT..<b>(1)</b><br />Demander au client d’essayer de se débarrasser du paper jam.</br>

Vous pouvez le guider en utilisant le document suivant:</br>

</br>

<li class="pdf"> <a href="documentation/REF/Lexmark Printer Paper Jam Troubleshooting.pdf" target="_blank"> Paper Jam Troubleshooting</a></li><br /><br /><b>(2)</b><br />Si ça n'a pas réglé le cas, ou si c'est récurrent, acheminer à <b>IBM<b>NSC2006-12-13200-27X, Paper JamSTORE

peterlaursen
      Participant

Why do you use a 'pre-historic'/'antique' setting in your text-editor? Forget about ANSI in the 21th century! We abandoned it 3-4 years ago (with the exception of 'scheduled backup' for compatibility with MySQL 3.x and 4.0 servers).

Open the file in a (recent and decent) text editor and 'save as.. ANSI' if you want to use the file in a non-unicode environment.  As I told we will not return to the 20th century (it is 10 years after all).   All files saved by SQLyog (with the exception of files created by 'scheduled backups') are UTF8 encoded and no chance we will change it. 

Are you a COMMUNITY user or a user of a commercial license model  (PROFESSIONAL/ ENTERPRISE / ULRIMATE) ?  If the latter you are welcome to post in our ticket system for further discussion.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.