Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Export Process List To File When Running Threads > Threshold

forums forums Monyog Monyog customisation Export Process List To File When Running Threads > Threshold

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Steve Bond

One of our database servers was under very heavy load today and the currently running threads threshold was breached.

An email alert was sent out by MONYog which was fine.

I was thinking it would be really good if at the point when the threshold was breached I could call SHOW PROCESS LIST and dump it to a txt/csv file.

Is this possible by using the customisation section or would this have to be a feature request?

Is there anyone out there performing actions as well as using email alerts?

peterlaursen
      Participant

I think we should then rather (optionally) include output of SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST in the alert itself. Only a personal idea. What say?

Steve Bond
      'peterlaursen' wrote on '18:

I think we should then rather (optionally) include output of SHOW FULL PROCESSLIST in the alert itself. Only a personal idea. What say?

Yes, that sounds perfectly reasonable. It takes out the added step of retrieving the output file from an operational point of view.

The idea is simply to try and get an idea of what's running when the threads have got that high.

So to get the data out in the email, would it be possible to hack that in on the customisation pages or would that require a new feature/development from the MONYog team?

Regards,

Steve

peterlaursen
      Participant

It will be a new feature and will require new code in MONyog.  But there may be situations  where retrieval of processlist is not possible (if the alert is about non-availability of service).

Steve Bond
      'peterlaursen' wrote on '18:

It will be a new feature and will require new code in MONyog.  But there may be situations  where retrieval of processlist is not possible (if the alert is about non-availability of service).

Hi there,

Any ideas if/when this might make it into MONYog?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.