Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Explain Query In Query Analyzer

forums forums Monyog Monyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Explain Query In Query Analyzer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      nathanielc

I am trying out MONyog. I have configured the slow query log and the sniffer. I can see the queries coming in and their counts. I have also played around with the real time data analysis and found it useful too. One thing that I was wondering is why the explain query feature is only available in the real time mode. It seems like is should be trivial to add an explain query action to the ‘query analyzer’. Are there any plans to implement this? Or is there something I am missing?

Thanks.

sandhya.r
      Hi,

We are planning to support EXPLAIN plan for PROCESSLIST based sniffer and Slow-log TABLE based query analysis. However, EXPLAIN plan cannot be supported for Slow-log and General-log FILE (and TABLE) for the following reasons:

1. For Slow-log FILE based logging “Use database;” statement does not get recorded consistently. Also, MONyog reads the logs in chunks and if in that chunk “Use database;” statement is skipped then MONyog does not know which database query belongs to. Same applies to General-log FILE based logging.

2. For General-log TABLE based logging there is no “Database” column available in the ‘general_log’ table which is required to execute EXPLAIN plan for a query and hence it cannot be supported.

For MySQL v5.6.14 (and above), MONyog performs query sniffing based on Performance_schema tables. EXPLAIN plan is available here. 

Regards,

Team MONyog. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.