Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Execute and edit result

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Execute and edit result

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author
      rbma

v4.05 beta 2

Clicking on the button with the grid/arrow takes you to tab 1 Result. It should take you to tab 3 Data.

Ritesh

I am not sure about button with the grid/arrow. Can you post a screenshot?

rbma

The fourth button in the left hand corner before the icon with the eye.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Agreed

.. however I think it must be the fifth icon named “select some data for the table”. This one should show the data-tab.

The forth icon named “execute and edit resultset” should take you to the result-tab.

rbma

The label is misleading because you can't really edit the resultset. You have to go to tab 3 Data to do that.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Well yes you can – but for security (I think) you must change the value in the drop-down-box form “noupdate” to “name of the table”. See attached pic …

peterlaursen
      Participant

And – I just forgot to mention this point – the icons on the right of the drop-down-box change from grey to colored when you select the table.

sitthichaikk

I also don't know, how to edit in result tab. 😀 😀

I try double click on table(result tab). but it's not allow me to editting mode.

peterlaursen
      Participant

In the drown-down box that I pointed to with that big arrow, you choose your table, and the you can place the cursor in the pane, edit and save

sitthichaikk

I try click on list box(“No Update”). as peterlaursen advise me to do.

It's show me a black line below that list.

What wrong with me ?

Note :

SQLyog 4.05 BETA 2 Free Edition.

peterlaursen
      Participant

A black line …

Thanks for the information! I think it could be a display problem then. What happens if you CHOOSE that black line (I think it represents the table although it does not display correctly). Do the icons on the right then color up ??

Could you provide a screenshot maybe.

I don't think there's anything wrong with you 🙄 but there is either with the beta or with your system …

peterlaursen
      Participant

here is a screenshot of mine

sitthichaikk

Here is mine.

peterlaursen
      Participant

OK, thanks – I think that clarified the problem to everyone!

I'm afraid I can't help, since I can't reproduce the problem.

I think that Ritesh and the development team now have an opportunity to spot the problem.

It must be be some conflict with the GUI-elements' library that sqlyog is compiled with and your system.

Did you ever experience similar problems with GUI-elements in other programs ?

sitthichaikk

But I have no problem on database selection and not found similar problems in other programs .

peterlaursen
      Participant

yeah .. that's strange.

Latest release is 4.05 beta 5 (released yesterday). Did you try to re-download and reinstall ?

Ritesh

@sitthichaikk: Which OS are you using?

sitthichaikk
      Quote:
      Latest release is 4.05 beta 5 (released yesterday). Did you try to re-download and reinstall ?

I found only 4.05 BETA 4 in forum “news” with “SQLyog 4.05 BETA has been released” topic.

Quote:
      Now SQLyog sets focus on the correct grid window after selection of a tab.

Thanks. 🙄 🙄

Now… I have re-install new 4.05 BETA 4 also same problem, that I have showed you. 😮 😮

Quote:
      @sitthichaikk: Which OS are you using?

WIN2K SP4

SQLyog 4.05 BETA 4 for now. 😀

Ritesh

I am unable to reproduce the error out here.

Can you send me the exact table data and query so that I can reproduce the error out here?

Do you have MSN or Yahoo Messenger? You can mail me your id if you have one.

sitthichaikk

I already sent my data to your e-mail.

fill data whatever 2 or 3 records(with same tag_id each table)…

then use this sql command.

“select * from tablename1 a,tablename2 b where a.tag_id=b.tag_id;”

sitthichaikk

I got your mail. It may only my computer. I may try to re-install window for proof. 😮 😮

It's may out of topic… 😀

Quote:
      (112300 row(s) returned)

(0 ms taken)

In “tab Messages” why always 0 ms all query… 😆 😆 😆

Ritesh

We have released SQLyog v4.05 BETA 5 with an increase in height of the drop-down window.

For more information please visit: http://www.webyog.com/forums/index.php?act…&st=0#entry5006

Can you check with the new build?

sitthichaikk

WOW…..

What did you do in 4.05 BETA 5?

My list box problem, It's gone!!!

But 0 ms all query still found in “Tab Messages”, 😀 😀

Did you remove “Type SQL commands directly in the SQL window” when select “View Data”… Right? 😮 😮

Personally…. I like to have “Type SQL commands directly in the SQL window”. It's help me a lot. 😀

sitthichaikk

@Ritesh

With my sample data that I sent to you yesterday.

Query with this SQL command.

Select “tablename1” in tab result.

In record No.1 (tag_id=1)

edit in “word_no” field from 5 to 6 ,press “Enter”,click on icon “save change”

then this message come out. Did i wrong?..

Ritesh
      sitthichaikk wrote on Apr 7 2005, 02:15 AM:
      @Ritesh

Bug fixed.

Please check http://www.webyog.com/forums/index.php?act…st=0&#entry5021 for more details.

sitthichaikk

@Ritesh

With my sample data.

“select * from tablename1 a,tablename2 b where a.tag_id=b.tag_id and b.log_time>'2005-04-04 00:00';

Select “tablename2” in tab result.

My attendtion is want to change log_time from “2005-04-06 13:00:00″ to “2005-04-01 13:00:00″ all records.

then edit in “log_time” field from “2005-04-06 13:00:00″ to “2005-04-01 13:00:00″ ,doublick and change it again

until last record and click on “log_time” again .

It's has message Application error.

Please try to reproduce it.

sitthichaikk
      Quote:
      QUOTE (sitthichaikk @ Apr 7 2005, 02:15 AM)

@Ritesh

Bug fixed.

Please check http://www.webyog.com/forums/index.php?act…st=0&#entry5021 for more details.

my problem above have been fixed.

but …

Quote:
      @Ritesh

With my sample data.

“select * from tablename1 a,tablename2 b where a.tag_id=b.tag_id and b.log_time>'2005-04-04 00:00';

Select “tablename2” in tab result.

My attendtion is want to change log_time from “2005-04-06 13:00:00” to “2005-04-01 13:00:00” all records.

then edit in “log_time” field from “2005-04-06 13:00:00” to “2005-04-01 13:00:00” ,doublick and change it again

until last record and click on “log_time” again .

It's has message Application error.

Please try to reproduce it.

It something like edit result with last record problem.

Does someone reproduce it?

peterlaursen
      Participant

I've searched the Mysql documentation. Error 1064 is described as a “parsing error”.

Could you copy the sql from the history tab ?

peterlaursen
      Participant

Also try something like

SELECT * from tablename_1 where word_nr = 5.

You should find the same record then. Are you able to change from 5 to 6 now ? And what does the sql now look like ?

peterlaursen
      Participant

I can't reproduce!

I have a recently created music datatabase and I also happen to have an old base created some months ago. But they contain a lot of identical records. So this should be very close to your situation

so this sql:

select * from old_mp3_files a, mp3_files b where a.filename = b.filename;

… finds matching records and I can edit all fields (bigint's, varchar's, and double's) following the procedure that you describe, and I'll get no error. You are sure that the field word_no is a number(of some kind)-field and not a text(of some kind)-field ?

Besides it seems to be a new problem here (after they removed the dependancy on PK's for update) that the history pane truncates long sql statements …

peterlaursen
      Participant

Thanks .. I too had your sample data and imported them successfully.

I also managed to change data in the “log_time” field several times forth and back!.

I don't understand what you mean by “doubleclick”.

I too managed to get the “application error” once, but don't really know how … but it involved quite a lot of (panicked-style)”clicking around”.

I think the problem here is a problem with the system response-time. If you click on “log_time” it's like it takes some time for the system to be able “receive” the next click. By “doubleclicking” when the system is not ready for mouse input you may trigger an unhandled exception – or in windows terminology en “application error”.

I don't think double-clicking is defined for that function at all, but the functionalaity is rather:

1st (single)click will highlight the cell

2nd (single)click wil highlight the data in the cell

3rd (single)click will position the cursor inside the data

… actually it's just like a mouse works with a spreadsheet aplication, I think!

…and NOTE: 2nd and 3rd step can only be done when the system is ready for the input.

My point is that at best click's are ignored if the system is not ready – at worst it causes an error.

The problems probably involves the OS, the mouse driver the sqlyog application and maybe the mysql server as well. And I don't know if the peopele at sqlyog have a chance to do something about it! Although I think they can and should.

Try to perform 3 single clicks and wait a couple of seconds in between. Especially between 1st and 2nd click.

By the way:

What kind of mouse are you using ? If you use something “smart” try changing it to the most simple ps2-mouse that you can imagine! (I'm serious about this. Especially drivers for Logitech and the like wireless mouse could create a lot of problems with the system in my experience …). If your mouse does not use a standard driver, you may try if you can find a driver upgrade (or downgrade!). Maybe changed mouse settings will help. And I ahve also experienced a lot of problems with mouse when the built-in contact set is worn out (and burned surfaces on the contacts can cause a lot of “prelling” i.e. multiple signals for each click …) I can't explain how buffers for the mouse work with the system and the driver, but it's a practical experience of mine that a bad mose makes the whole system sick! I change them every ½ year and buy the cheapest!

sitthichaikk

Thanks For your information. But I use simple mouse.

Btw…

I always can reproduce it. with SQLYog (4.05 BETA 6)

I will show you my picture but today I cann't upload my picture into this forums.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I've uploadedd your pic to my private homepage, so that anyone can see ..

http://www.deepeter.dk/ErrEdit.GIF

I just repeat that I can edit the last/third row as wel with your data.

As I wrote the application crashed for me once, and that's all.

Ritesh

I have checked it again and it works great for me.

BTW, are you sure you are using the latest build i.e. v4.05 and not BETA. Can you download it again from http://www.webyog.com/sqlyog/SQLyog405Ent.exe and let me know?

peterlaursen
      Participant

What is the MySQL server version ?

Ritesh

I have tried with 3.23.x, 4.0.x and 4.1.x and it works great in all of them.

peterlaursen
      Participant

And I did 5.0.3 this morning and just tested again with the brand new 5.0.4 and still no probems!

sitthichaikk
      Quote:
      I have checked it again and it works great for me.

BTW, are you sure you are using the latest build i.e. v4.05 and not BETA. Can you download it again from http://www.webyog.com/sqlyog/SQLyog405Ent.exe and let me know?

I have lastest version 4.05 beta 6, that Ritesh post in “News” Forums (I thought that is lastest version) and use it, utill you give me new release.

Confirmed……… with 4.05 that Ritesh just give us new release(link above), the last record edit problem gone!!….

😀 😀 😀 😀

How can i know you have release new version? 😆

peterlaursen
      Participant

How you can know ???

If what you have is a BETA and the one available for download is NOT a BETA …. do I need to continue ? 😀

But you're right in that respect, that it seems like Ritesh forgot to update this information:

http://www.webyog.com/forums/index.php?act…t=ST&f=2&t=1301

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.