Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Excluding Backquotes From Generated Sql

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Excluding Backquotes From Generated Sql

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ashario

This suggestion is based on my recent post below

http://forums.webyog…?showtopic=7060

Quote:

Is there a way to stop SQLYog from generating SQL with the backquote character around object names?

I realise there is the Tools->Preferences->General->Generate queries using backquote(`) option, but it seems to be isolated to the auto-complete feature.

I'm looking to remove backquotes in the DDL Information section of the Info tab for tables and in the SQL Preview tab in the Alter Table window.

When I hand write SQL I never use back quotes – it would be nice if there was the option for SQLyog to do the same when it generates SQL.

Jan.S

Using backquotes is the safe way to generate a MySQL query. What purpose would not having backquotes around object names serve?

ashario

Apart from the fact it looks ugly, I find it much more difficult to edit the generated SQL when there are backquotes all over the place

Jan.S

We can extend the preference to include other SQLyog generated statements like in the alter table preview. However we will not be able to do this for statements returned by MySQL, like the create table statement in the Info Tab.

This has been added to our issue tracker here.

ashario

Thanks, that will be helpful.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.