Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Excel Data File Importing To Database

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Excel Data File Importing To Database

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      shew

I have an Excel file with data I want to bring into a MySQL table using SQLyog. I have read many of the posts on this often asked question and have tried many different approaches but always with the same result (meaning I am not getting anywhere). Here is my situation:

The Excel file is a .xls (though I have also tried a CSV file with the same results)

The MySQL is version 5.6.22 (started with version 5.1.22 and upgraded just in case there was a bug – not the problem)

Both the Excel file and the MySQL server are on the same Windows 7 PC (started out with the file on the Win 7 PC and the db on a Linux server – went to one PC box to eliminate any rn vs n issues)

I am using the Powertools | Import External Data Wizzard

Result I get is message:

SQLyog Job Agent v11.4 (64 bit) Copyright(c) Webyog Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Job started at Thu Mar 12 21:50:15 2015

DBMS Information: EXCEL

Importing table schema: gpc_import… Successful…

Importing table foreign keys: gpc_import…

Importing table data: gpc_import…

1889 rows transferred!

Successful…

Total time taken – 0 sec(s)

The actual result is that only the last row the the Excel file gets imported.

Any ideas?

Kartik Grover
      Spectator

Hi

We are not able to reproduce this error on our end. The import from excel works fine. So to help you we would need some part of your data to check if its something with the excel file that you are trying to import. Can you share that or some part of it?

shew

Hi Kartik,

Thanks for your information. I have moved on and solved my import problem another way, but I am still wanting to resolve this for next time. I am going to play with it some more since you were able to make it work. The two other vaiables I failed to mention were 1) the SQLyog version I am using is Ultimate v11.4 (64bit) and the Excel file was not actually produced by MS but by LibreOffice with the file saved in MS Excel 97/2000/XP/2003 (.xls) format. I’ll play with another Excel format and perhaps try using one produced by MS Excel directly and if I still have problems I’ll post an example file.

Shew

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.