Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      vinique

All seemed to go well with installation. Nice piece of software.

I'm attempting to convert an MS Access file to SQL.

The Import Wizard gives me an “Error During Initialization of Provider”

Any help, anyone?

thanx

Clyde

vinique

{{

The Import Wizard gives me an “Error During Initialization of Provider”

}}

OK, I solved the above problem (by creating a new DNS)

but now I get syntax errors. <_< “Syntax Error in Query. Incomplete query clause.” I have to give up on this for now. Will check back here later tonight or early in the morn to see if anyone has an idea of what to do. TIA clyde

Ritesh
      Quote:
      Syntax Error in Query. Incomplete query clause.

When are you getting this error?

Can you tell the steps you are following before you face this problem? Probably then I will be able to help you?

dogbody

Show us the query

Ritesh

Hello vinique

will it be possible to upload a sample datafile which we can test on our side to check if there any bug in SQLyog?

you can mail them to [email protected], if you want?

you have still not told us in which dialog you are getting the error? until you tell us we wont be able to help you

vinique

Ok, back at it, this morning.

Here's what I've been doing.

I was able to stop syntax errors by running a repair db function in the OBDC.

Now everything seems to goe thru OK, but only the field names show up with “data type” and “length”

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong (or not doing right)?.

I'll send a copy of the db to the above support email.

clyde

Ritesh

I received the DB you mailed me and I was able to import it perfectly. We have Access 2K but then I dont think it will be a problem.

Quote:
      Now everything seems to goe thru OK, but only the field names show up with “data type” and “length”

Are you talking about the Column Mapping And Transformation Dialog Box. If so then everything is OK because Access ODBC driver does not give information about Primary Key and other things. Only NOT NULL information are available and in our condition ID field of the database was a NOT NULL column.

Send suppo[email protected] the screen shot the screen which you find is not up to the mark?

Hope it helps

vinique

I can see now that the data was imported too, but not through SQLyog. Using MySQL-Front the data displays easily. What, if anything am I missing? Is it possible to display/minipulate data with SQLyog?

Most of the problem (if it's not already painfully obvious) is that I'm an extreme Newbie with databases in generel and with MySQL in specific.

I'm not even following what “NULL” means, but I don't expect you to explain that. I have enough functioning at this point to get me started and I'll be educating myself on the fly.

Thanx for all the help, It's nice to know that there's such willing assistance around!!

Clyde

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.