Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error While Importing External Data

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Error While Importing External Data

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

never mind – a reinstall solved the issue…

Hi – I recently was importing data and got an error while using the sqlyog import external data wizard –

i was at the stage where i had chosen the 'from where do you want to import data?' question, and had chosen

a file folder ( i also tested desktop and got same error) – when i received the error 'The configuration process failed'.

I suspect it is something to do with an installation ( or lack of) an odbc driver that is being called by the process.

( guessing ).

What can i infer from the error, how do i check the odbc part of the process?

Or what else might it be?

sqlyog ultimate gui v9.20

windows 7 machine

this is a new machine, and perhaps i missed something during install?

does the yog come with odbc drivers it itself installs? should i reinstall?

e

peterlaursen
      Participant

Is it a 64 bit or 32 bit win7?

'peterlaursen' wrote:

Is it a 64 bit or 32 bit win7?

its a 64 bit os. but the re install seemed to fix it…

e

peterlaursen
      Participant

OK .. but let me explain anyway:

On a 32 bit system everything is 32 bit (the OS, the ODBC driver and SQLyog). No conflicts will arise.

On a 64 bit system the OS is 64 bit, SQLyog is 32 bit (we don't ahve 64 bit version yet). The ODBC driver may be 32 bit or 64 bit. To use a 64 bit driver in this environment the DSN must be a 'user DSN'. A 'system DSN' will not work here. Also to configure a DSN using a 64 bit driver you cannot do from Contol Panel .. Data Soruce as this will open the 64 bit version of the ODBC manager. Refer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942976

“The 64-bit ODBC Administrator tool can be invoked from Control Panel to manage user DSNs and system DSNs that are used by 64-bit processes. On a 64-bit operating system, the 32-bit ODBC Administrator tool is used for Windows on Windows 64 (WOW64) processes. You must directly invoke the 32-bit ODBC Administrator tool from the SysWoW64 folder. You can use the 32-bit ODBC Administrator tool to manage user DSNs and system DSNs that are used by WOW64 processes.

Registry redirection is enabled for this registry subkey. Therefore, system DSNs for 32-bit drivers and for 64-bit drivers are separated. The 64-bit ODBC Administrator tool does not display system DSNs that are created by the 32-bit ODBC Administrator tool. Similarly, the 32-bit ODBC Administrator tool does not display system DSNs that are created by the 64-bit ODBC Administrator tool. Also, the 64-bit ODBC Administrator tool does not display system DSNs that use 32-bit drivers. Similarly, the 32-bit ODBC Administrator tool does not display system DSNs that use 64-bit drivers.

peterlaursen
      Participant

BTW: the command to open the 32 bit ODBC manager on 64 bit systems is

Code:
      {system_drive}:WindowsSysWOW64>odbcad32
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.