Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error when updating table

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Error when updating table

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Geoff

I get an error when I try to modify a record in some tables on Localhost. Some tables work okay though.

The error box reads: “Error no 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax near Key =59 at line 1”

The relevant message is

[10:29:22 PM][ 0 ms] update `manga`.`tblmanga2` set `Key`='59', `filename`='manga059', `EnglishTitle`='Seraphic Feather', `RomajiTitle`='-', `Image`='feather1.jpg', `Mangaka`=NULL, `Dates`=NULL, `Publisher`=NULL, `Language`=NULL, `ISBN`=NULL, `Image2`=NULL, `Style`='-', `Pages`=NULL, `Price`=NULL, `Size`=NULL where Key='59'

The database name, table name, etc are as indicated. I was trying to put that dash into “Romaji Title”.

I can't see what its problem is. The table was imported from MS Access, but a different table similarly imported works OK.

Ritesh

Can you send us your table structure and a sample data so that we can work on the problem at our side. You can generate SQL scripts for your database by using SQLyog's DB->Export Database As Batch Scripts…. option.

Geoff

I eventually solved this problem myself: in MySQL there are reserved words that can't be used as column names and so forth. See:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Reserved_words.html

I used a name for my key field which worked ok in MS Access 97 but not in SQLyog + MySQL. Not the fault of the SQLyog program.

Be warned.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.