Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error Opening Sync File

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      CoastalGuy

I have set up syncs between my online and local mysal databases a number of times using SqlYog’s Power Tools without any problems. With my new Windows 8.1, I had to set them back up again, which I have completely to the end where I set up the Task Scheduler option.

However, when running it from the PowerTools or Task Scheduler, I now get the error that it cannot open the sync file. I assume that the settings for the databases are ok, as I have before, if not set up I cannot get past the database settings page. The steps I have set are:

1. Start or Edit job —> Next

2. Source and Target Database Details –> Next (This is where I cannot get past unless logins set correctly)

3. One-way syncronization –> Next

4. All Tables (Foreign Key checked) –> Next

5. Sync and generate Script – File name (.sql) and location set –> Next (This SQL file is saved to my local data partition E: – Not the installed C: location)

6. Email notifications {X} only on error –> Next

7. Email settings – Test ok –> Next

8. Email Subject – User Defined –>

9. Save Job and Schedule – .XML File name and location (local data partition E:) set  –> Next

10. Specify Job path and file name (XML) and Schedule Job Name –> Finish (Save or Save/Replace) Yes – OK

11, Schedule Setup:

Task Setup Tab – Run (Another XML file setup under the installed location) – Run only if logged on (Yes) – Enabled Schedule Runs at specified Times)

Schedule Tab – New – Setup Weekly at set time –> OK

12. Set Account Information: Run as (Computer Name) – Login Password Twice —> OK

It is now setup in both the PowerTools for Execution and the Windows Task Scheduler for Run. Both give me the error “opening sync file”.

Any suggestions?

CoastalGuy

Found my problem, no response needed. Thanks. Had previously set these up on my old PC and was using the prior partition locations. Found that my sql files were listed under the D: instead of E: drive so it could not be found and was creating the error.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.