Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error Opening Session Job File

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Error Opening Session Job File

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Peter Brooks

I have just reloaded SQLYog Enterprise onto a windows 7 PC. The old XP PC could run the Backups and the Synchs from batch files and shortcuts. Doing the same thing on the Windows 7 PC I get “Error opening session Job file”. I have tried this with 2 different logons. Admin and not Admin rights. I have put the XML file in a folder away from Program Files. Doing the process through the SQLYog application works fine. Also tested this on my Windows 7 laptop and the same result.I also tested this from a CMD prompt.

peterlaursen
      Participant

And you are perfectly sure that all file paths (in batch files and job files) are correct on the new environment?

Peter Brooks
      'peterlaursen' wrote:

And you are perfectly sure that all file paths (in batch files and job files) are correct on the new environment?

I have tested this on 2 PC's and I have also copied paths from within the SQLYog. I will give it another go. Here is an example:

“D:SQLyog Enterprisesja.exe” d:BackupBackupOfMYSQLMASS.xml

Could it be a Windows 7 undocumented Feature!

ashwin

Hi Peter Brooks,

If you have given the sja file path name from program files then please enclose it by double-quotes and check.

Ex: “D:SQLyog Enterprisesja.exe” “C:Program FilesBackupOfMYSQLMASS.xml”

Peter Brooks
      'ashwin' wrote:

Hi Peter Brooks,

If you have given the sja file path name from program files then please enclose it by double-quotes and check.

Ex: “D:SQLyog Enterprisesja.exe” “C:Program FilesBackupOfMYSQLMASS.xml”

Yep had already done that in the first instance. I know about the spaces and quotes. This is what I have in the Target of the Short cut.

“D:SQLyog Enterprisesja.exe” “d:BackupBackupOfMYSQLMASS.xml” Could it be the location of the sja.exe?

ashwin

Please refer FAQ: http://webyog.com/faq/content/27/114/en/introduction-to-the-_sqlyog-job-agent_-sja.html

SJA creates default session file and log file if you do not specify in the command line. If you do not have write permission to the installation folder then SJA cannot create those files which results in an error. In order to avoid this situation please specify the session and log file as mentioned in the FAQ.

Example: “F:SQLyog9.2sja.exe” “F:sja_win.xml” -labc.log -sxyz.xml

Peter Brooks
      'ashwin' wrote:

Please refer FAQ: http://webyog.com/faq/content/27/114/en/introduction-to-the-_sqlyog-job-agent_-sja.html

SJA creates default session file and log file if you do not specify in the command line. If you do not have write permission to the installation folder then SJA cannot create those files which results in an error. In order to avoid this situation please specify the session and log file as mentioned in the FAQ.

Example: “F:SQLyog9.2sja.exe” “F:sja_win.xml” -labc.log -sxyz.xml

Thanks for your help – solved.

I ran the “Export data as a Batch script wizard” and saved the xml file. Restarted the wizard using the saved file and it worked. Then plugged into the desktop icon “D:SQLyog Enterprisesja.exe” “d:BackupsBackupOfMYSQLMASS_Test” and it failed: “Error opening session file”. I had made sure the Backups folder was not ReadOnly. The start in was “D:SQLyog Enterprise”. I then changed the Start in folder to “d:Backups” and it worked.

Peter Brooks

http://www.membershipadmin.com.au

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.