Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error No. 2013 Using Linux & Wine On Localhost

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Error No. 2013 Using Linux & Wine On Localhost

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      craig22

I can connect to mySQL locally with other clients but not with SQLyog. I get “Error 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 34” Yesterday it said “system error: 2”. I can connect to non-local databases without any problem. I've tried localhost, 127.0.0.1 and the IP address all resulting in the same error. Again no issues from the command line or with another GUI client (Gambas). Any ideas?

Arch Linux

MySQL 5.1.51

SQLyog Community v8,71

Wine 1.3.8

peterlaursen
      Participant

No idea currently. But the other clients don't use Wine I guess?

Supratik

I have created a similar environment at our end using the following details which you have already mentioned and I am able to

reproduce the same error.

Quote:

Arch Linux

MySQL 5.1.51

SQLyog Community v8,71

Wine 1.3.8

I will update you here as soon as I find a solution to this problem.

Warm Regards

Supratik

Supratik

I checked the configuration of MySQL in /etc/mysql/my.cnf and found that by default MySQL is having “skip-networking” enabled.

SQLyog supports connection thorough TCP/IP, so you need to comment this line. You may find more details here.

The other configuration you need to change is in TCPWrappers. I found that TCPWrappers is blocking all connections originating from

the applications that are running through wine.

I edited the file “/etc/hosts.deny” and commented out the default access list rule as shown below.

# ALL:ALL

Next I included that statement in “/etc/hosts.allow” as shown below.

ALL:ALL

I hope this will solve your problem.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if we can be of further assistance on this.

Warm Regards

Supratik

craig22

It worked! I also found some tips here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LAMP#MySQL

I changed my.cnf, but I found that I did not have to comment out the default access list in the /etc/hosts.deny file so I left it as “ALL: ALL”.

I also edited “/etc/hosts.allow” to read:

mysqld: 127.0.0.1 : ALLOW

Thanks for your help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.