Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error No. 2003

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Error No. 2003

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      hotline

I have two independent shared web hosts. I could connect to db at hostA just fine. But when trying to connect to another db at hostB, I got the subject error. :huh:

Anyone please tell me what I have done wrong?? Or I need to have something on hostB installed so to get connect??

Thanks,

CalEvans

Please copy the text of the error message and paste it in or do a screen capture. I'm not familiar with a 'Subject' error.

=C=

paul_nl

I'm almost sure hotline means this:

capture.png

huh? Why does this image not appear in this post?

you can also take a look here: the captured image

I've got the same message.

It's a very cheap host I have and “MySQL control center” also doesn't work yet, so I suppose it has something to do with the host. Although I'm not sure yet 😕 .

Paul

CalEvans

Going by the image you posted (on the web) you are trying to connect to localhost. While it is true that you can assign any IP address you want to localhost it is almost universally accepted that localhost = 127.0.0.1. It looks to me like you are trying to connect to a mysql server running on your own local machine.

Some tips for debugging:

🙂 Make sure that you really WANT to connect to a server running on your machine. (It's possible but it's not the common case)

🙂 Make sure that you have a database INSTALLED on your local machine.

🙂 Make sure that the database installed on your local machine is up and running.

🙂 Make sure the database installed and running on your local machine is accepting connections on 127.0.0.1 (Poke around in my.cnf it's the bind-address directive. If it's there, make sure 127.0.0.1 or localhost is listed as one of the addresses.)

🙂 Make sure the database installed and running on your local machine is listening to port 3306.

An easy way to verify most of this is to try to connect and then check your log file. if you get something in the log file then the server is up, running and installed. The error message you get should help you find the problem. If you don't get anything in your error log then either the server is not running, not accepting connections on 127.0.0.1 or not listening on 3306.

For the record, this isn't really a SQLyog problem. (Not criticizing, just setting the record straight.)

HTH,

=C=

paul_nl

Hi Cal,

(somehow I seem to have some trouble posting)

Connecting to localhost, while I wanted to connect to a remote MySQL server, was not a good idea. But any other setting for the “MySQL hosting address” also doesn't seem to work.

Indeed this is not a SQLyog problem at all, I think it has something to do with my hosting provider, and I'm afraid if I want to use SQLyog (or any other interface to MySQL) I'll have to find another hosting provider.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Paul

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.