Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error No. 2003

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Error No. 2003

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      numb3rs

Error No. 2003

Can't connect to MySQL Server on'localhost' (10061)

I have MySQL and SQLyog on same machine

Im trying to connect SQLyog to MySQL. Can anyone help me with this

sathish

Hello,

Please read this FAQ: http://webyog.com/faq/content/23/15/en/error-no-2003-can_t-connect.html

Note that this is a *connection* error and not an *authentication* error (ie: not because user or password is wrong).

First you should check for firewall issues and settings in server configurations like 'skip_networking' and 'bind_address'.

Regards,

Sathish

numb3rs
      'sathish' wrote:

Hello,

Please read this FAQ: http://webyog.com/faq/content/23/15/en/error-no-2003-can_t-connect.html

Note that this is a *connection* error and not an *authentication* error (ie: not because user or password is wrong).

First you should check for firewall issues and settings in server configurations like 'skip_networking' and 'bind_address'.

Regards,

Sathish

numb3rs

Sorry repeating post.

I went into my.ini and tried placing a # in front of skip-network and save changes but I was denied access. I went through MySQL folder directory but not by using MySql. If I need to use MySQL can you provide query which would allow me to make the changes needed or access that

my.ini and make the Chang.

numb3rs

How do I get to server configuration?

peterlaursen
      Participant

'server configuration' and 'my.ini' is the same thing

I f I understand you commented the 'skip-networking' option. Now you are able to *connect* – but not able to *authenticate* . It seems you get another error ' access denied' or 'connection denied'. About this read http://webyog.com/faq/content/23/18/en/error-no-1045-connection-denied.html

“User is not allowed to connect from the actual host. Note that MySQL by default only allows connection from 'localhost'. To specify from where a user may connect SQL wildcards (% and _) can be used. Simply 'someuser@%' means that user 'someuser' may connect from everywhere.”. If you are connecting from a remote host and the remote user is not created you will have to do with any client that can connect (mysql command line, PhpMyAdmin or whatever). Or alternativley use SSH- or HTTP-tunneling. With tunneling you technically connect from 'localhost'.

numb3rs

No was not able to comment it out. I went to my MySQL folder….clicked on my.ini (came up as notepad) I put comment in tried to save changes and it said access is denied. So I need to know the correct way to access MySQL configuration. Thanks. I'm a newb.

numb3rs

I used mysql server instance configuration to make changes. Will try to connect

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.