Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error No. 1130

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Error No. 1130

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      BigSnooze

Hi

I am a LAMP noob and have just built a new box with Ubuntu 10.04. I chose the option to install the LAMP server. Mysql is running on the server but I can't connect using SQLyog, getting the error 1130 – Host 'my address.mydomain' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server.

I can connect with SQLyog to other systems that were set up previously by someone else so I think the error is in my LAMP installation rather than in SQLyog.

Thanks in advance for any help.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Could you find any help in this FAQ: http://webyog.com/faq/23_36_en.html (including user comments). The key to the solutionis likely is to add an entry to the host file (/etc/hosts).

If we shall comment further we will 1) need to see your hosts file, 2) to knowif you are connecting from a remote machine and 3) if you are using (HTTP- or SSH-tunnel).

BigSnooze

Thanks for the reply.

The error has now changed to Error No. 2003 Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) but I don't know what I've done to cause this. There is an entry in my hosts file for the linux box with the correct IP address. Don't know if its HTTP or SSH, how would I tell?

peterlaursen
      Participant
      BigSnooze

Thanks, but had already looked at this. I commented out bind-address in my.cnf. I don't think that there is a Firewall or similar issue because I have several other connections already working with SQLyog.

BigSnooze

Sorry, got totally mixed up. Have now commented out bind-address in my.cnf and now back to original error 1130

Supratik

Hello,

The error occurs when you try to connect from a host other than the one on which the MySQL server is running, it means that there is no row in the user table with a Host value that matches the client host.

Can you please provide us with the following details to help us investigate this issue.

1) Is your MySQL server and SQLyog installed in the same machine ?

2) Can you please explain in details how you are connecting to your MySQL server?

You may provide us with a screenshot of SQLyog connection window.

3) Are you able to connect using IP address instead of “hostname” ?

To quickly resolve this issue we may require an online screen sharing session with you.

Please let us know your timezone and your preferable time for the online meeting.

You may create a ticket with us by sending an email with the above details to [email protected]

Warm Regards

Supratik

BigSnooze

Thanks again for the reply.

I have added a row in the mysql user table granting all privileges to the User root at Host % with the correct password and restarted mysql.

Error is now 1045. Access denied for user 'root'@'myPChostname.mydomainname” (using password: YES)

1) Is your MySQL server and SQLyog installed in the same machine ?

> No, server is on a newly built Linux box, SQLyog (Already installed and working fine)on my XP machine.

2) Can you please explain in details how you are connecting to your MySQL server?

You may provide us with a screenshot of SQLyog connection window.

> This will have to follow, USB connection on my PC broken so can't transfer screenshot just yet.

3) Are you able to connect using IP address instead of “hostname”

> No difference if I use IP address.

peterlaursen
      Participant

Could you try to create a 'root'@'myPChostname.mydomainname” (if possible) and/or a 'root'@'myPChostname”.

Now we are back to a simpler error http://webyog.com/faq/content/23/18/en/error-no-1045-connection-denied.html

Your actually do have access/connection to MySQL (it is the MySQL server that returns this error) but you cannot authenticate.

BigSnooze

RE;- Could you try to create a 'root'@'myPChostname.mydomainname” (if possible) and/or a 'root'@'myPChostname”.

Nope, none of these worked.

peterlaursen
      Participant

I think we will have to ask you to post your hosts file. Not just commenting 'that it says this'. Also a screensharing session could help. We will likely need to excute some low level system commands to figure this out.

For your privacy please create a ticket by sending a mail to [email protected]

BigSnooze

SOLVED!!

Noticed that the password for my root user was visible in the user table in mysql database, whereas it was encrypted in databases I could connect to.

Experimented by creating a new user with no password and was able to connect.

Issued this command…

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO root@'%' IDENTIFIED BY “password” WITH GRANT OPTION;

Viewed user table and the root password was now encrypted, restarted mysql service and it worked.

I have since found that when creating a new user with INSERT that the command 'FLUSH PRIVILEGES' is then needed so maybe this is why it didn't work.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.