Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error No. 1043

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      adrien

Help!

I upgraded our MySQL server yesterday to enable support for newer query options. I had tested this same version of MySQL with SQLyog on my dev machine and it had worked fine, however when I updated the database on our main server, I can't log in any more – get a “Error No 1043 – Bad handshake”

The weird thing is that I now get this error connecting to the server on my dev machine as well, and nothing has changed there.

So I can't use SQLyog at all now!

Shadow

Can you login from command prompt?

By the way, which version of SQLyog and MySql are you running?

adrien

I've tried with SQLyog 3.62 and now 3.64 – same error.

MySQL is the latest version of 4.1.

the weird thing is that it actually worked for a while on my machine, and now I get the same error, even though nothing was changed.

Not sure what you mean by log in from the command line – I can still access MySQL from PHP etc, DBAdmin still works etc.

Adrien

Shadow

By using the mysql client program located in the MySql root/bin directory. Do you try to connect with the same user from SQLyog and the other programs? If yes, then does this user have a password?

Shadow

I forgot to ask if you run the fix privileges script!

adrien

I'll try it – I had the password saved with the profile, so I think it's not that.

Don't have perl installed, and running on windows so haven't run any script – I would have thought the MySQL installer should have fixed those things.

Shadow

Have you checked the “Webyog releases SQLyog 3.64 RC1” topic in the news section? Do you have the corresponding version of SQLyog?

adrien

I'll check.

I just did a packet capture on the login sequence too – get the normal 3-way TCP connect, then the MySQL server sends its version number and I guess some challenge, then I see SQLyog sending my username and a bunch of xxxxxxxxx (rather than a hashed password or anything, so that's weird) then the server says “bad handshake” and then the client disconnects.

adrien

Thank you!

That was it – I needed the 'e' version for versions greater than 4.1.1

Thanks heaps for your very timely help!

Adrien

Shadow

Nay, the MySql won't take care of the privileges! Check out the documentation on MySql's website concerning an upgrade! You have to run a fix-privileges script!

Shadow

Glad, that it works!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.