Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error message when adding to table

forums forums SQLyog Using SQLyog Error message when adding to table

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

I select the table and then select the 3 tab (table data) and have followed the instructions for adding a new row or editing data. Right now this is a new table with no data. I get the following error message:

“Table storage engine for 'users' doesnt have this option.”

I cannot add or edit tables. How can I do this? Thanks.

Andrew

seanhogge

As far as adding tables, I just right click on the database drilldown on the left side, and select “Create Table…”

To edit a table, left click it in the drilldown on left side, then press F6.

As far as why you can't add data, I see no reason you can't add data simply by entering it into each field, then hitting the save changes button. Can you give more information about the database and table type? Perhaps someone else knows more about what might cause this issue than I do, though.

peterlaursen
      Participant

The reason for this could be that the GRANT tables “belong to” a another MySQL version than the one that you are using.

What is your MySQL server version ? Has this version been installed over an older version ? (which ?). Or has the DATADIR (or worse: part of it!) been copied from another mySQL installation ?

Ritesh

Never heard this error before 😮

SQLyog logs all the queries in History tab. Can you check and tell me if there is any bug with the query generated?

Can you insert data by executing INSERT INTO… SQL command from the query window?

I dont know what the problem was, but I fixed it. I changed the advanced table properties to have the table type be MyiSAM or something like that instead of mgr_myisam. I also made something dynamic. What do these things mean?

peterlaursen
      Participant

Myabe you should read a littele bit in the mySQL documentation!

about the MERGE og mgr-isam storage machine

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/merge-st…age-engine.html

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.