Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Error Copying Innodb Table From 5.5 To 5.7

forums forums SQLyog SQLyog: Bugs / Feature Requests Error Copying Innodb Table From 5.5 To 5.7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mitch
      Participant

I have an InnoDB table in a mysql 5.5 database that is defined with ROW_FORMAT=FIXED.

When I attempt to use SQLyog to copy that table to a 5.7 server, I get this error:

Table storage engine for ‘tablename’ doesn’t have this option

I think SQLyog should be smart enough to omit the incompatible options between versions when copying a table.

Sibin A S

Hello Mitch,

If ROW_FORMAT=FIXED is specified while innodb_strict_mode is disabled, InnoDB issues a warning and assumes ROW_FORMAT=COMPACT. If ROW_FORMAT=FIXED is specified while innodb_strict_mode is enabled, which is the default as of MySQL 5.7.7, InnoDB returns an error.

You may also refer the MySQL official documentation, here >> https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/create-table.html

Therefore it is MySQL server that is handling this and not SQLyog. So you may copy the databases with innodb_strict_mode disabled.

Regards,

Sibin

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.